Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Purple Haze

 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-6_zpsd8b7db0f.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-2_zps68d208fc.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-7_zps5612edf7.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-8_zps3f349314.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-5_zps13202879.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-3_zps1142f989.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-4_zps2e7353d6.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May232013-1_zps05bc5c95.jpg
What I wore:
Jacket: ModCloth (Find it here on sale!)
Tee: Vintage (gift)
Skirt: Thrifted ($4 - similar)
Shoes: Dr. Martens/ Thrifted ($7)
TriGraph necklace c/o InfinEight
Skull necklace: gifted skull charm & flea market crystal
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Flower ring: shop in Beverly ($11)
Eyeball ring c/o Lulu's
Coral ring: Vintage ($6)
Sunglasses: Vintage ($5)

I wore this to: add a little color to my life!

Patience really is a virtue when it comes to thrift shopping. I had been stalking this skirt for a little while this spring, but just wasn't quite sold on the color. So I waited. And I didn't buy it. And then a couple of weekends ago, Chris and I were at a Goodwill out in the middle of nowhere, and hey! I found this purple suede miniskirt! For four bucks! That's a pretty satisfying feeling. And while I'm still looking for the perfect real leather jacket to call my own, I'll take what I can get.

For more thrift shopping tips, go here.


The Littlest Smitten said...

Love this outfit so much! Great score with that skirt! And the Mary Janes are to die for. I remember having a black chunky mary jane pair of Docs in my late teens/early 20's that I wore to death. Loved them so much.

GreenBean said...

Really, you can't go wrong with a suede miniskirt!

Amanda Rollo said...

I love your hair in this post! Your Heidi braids tutorial is what led me to your blog in the first place. I love the skirt too! Good job!

Amanda @ Running In Heels

Heather P. said...

Congrats on the thrift store find! I love being able to find things while out thrifting that I almost ended up buying new. :-)

Hanna said...

That's quite some luck, congrats! I've been following your blog for quite some time (I think a few years) now, and I must say, what always amazes me is your awesome jewellery collection! If you ever decide on selling it...;)

Star White said...

Ok, I've devoloped a theory that if I just wait long enough I will find whatever my current obsession is at a thrift store. It may be months later, but it will present itself! Haha.
Great skirt and that jacket is so awesome and edgy!


Modern Girl Blitz said...

Holy hell those shoes are quite the thrifty find! I've been wanting doc marten mary janes for ages now.

Sophie said...

Looks like you came up trumps thrifting!
x said...

Love those Docs!

Megan Colwell said...

Of course you look amazing. As always. Your blog is so swoon-worthy.

Jennifer said...

Loving you in these edgy looks lately!

xo Jennifer

Sabrina said...

I love everything about this outfit. You are totally rocking that spiked jacket and your hair looks awesome. Great round sunnies too!


blue roses said...

that skirt is definitely a great find, but for me the total steal are those incredible floral docs.... amazing hybrid of feminine fun and bad ass.

Michelle said...

Great jacket, great skirt, great hair! xo

Schmetterling said...

OMG those shoes!!! Fantastic!

lisa said...

Wow- this is all sorts of awesome. It's the best feeling to stumble on something you've been wanting while thrifting. Love the Docs- I thrifted a pair of plaid Doc boots and was over the moon.

Jamie Rose said...

This outfit is so awesome. It's a perfect combination of cute and edgy! That purple skirt is incredibly cool and so is your leather jacket. Love this!

Anonymous said...

hi good site

Anwar Fazil said...

Online Marketing is the Best way to increase your income and Get online visitors or Customer on your company. Many Marketing Way like Facebook Marketing, Website Marketing, SMS Marketing, Products Marketing and Social Media Marketing such as Facebook Likes, Twitter Follow, Youtube Views and Much More International Advertising Systems, Just Visit

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!