Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Golden Lights

  photo OrchidGrey_May72013-2_zps0dbb4bc9.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May72013-4_zpsea5c97d2.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May72013-5_zpsa9464c33.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May72013-6_zps80c1d0a0.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May72013-3_zpsa6e01015.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May72013-1_zps19642567.jpg
What I wore:
Tee: ModCloth (find it here)
Skirt: Thrifted ($2)
Kelsi Dagger heels & midi ring c/o Lulu's
Daisy ring: shop in Beverly ($11)
Coral ring: Vintage ($6)
Necklace: Vintage/ Avalon ($12)
Sunglasses: Vintage ($5)
Cuff bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Beaded bracelet c/o Musana Jewelry
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Avalon ($20)

I wore this to: show off my new favorite skirt

This skirt was something I wasn't completely sold on when I brought it home from Salvation Army, but I liked the colors and I liked the pattern, so I took a chance. Well, after actually styling it, rather than just trying it on with my baggy tee shirt and sneakers at the store, I feel in love. Sometimes it's worth taking a chance on something you're not sure of, especially if that something costs a whopping two bucks.

ps- Musana Jewelry, who kindly sent me that sunny yellow bracelet up there, is a pretty awesome organization. You can read more about them here.

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm loving the vertical stripes!

afickleheart.com

Kelly said...

Wow, this look is amazing! And it just goes to show you have to have a little vision and patience (or sometimes A LOT) when it comes to thrifting. Which I think is all part of the fun of it!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Wow....what a great outfit!!
I love that skirt!!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Michelle | CreatureType.com said...

Ahhh, you just always look so cool, Julie! Haha, I'm usually content going for the "cute" look, but I do wish I could pull off "cool" as effortlessly as you sometimes! :)

RosieB said...

You look gorgeous! Heidi braids are my favourite :)

www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

veronika girlandcloset said...

Yay, glad you to took a chance on the skirt because it looks AMAZING on you + I'm in awe of how you've styled it. You have such a great eye for style & fashion, Julie!! Hope you're having an awesome week! xo

MrJeffery said...

amazing look here.

Laura Go said...

The skirt is lovely. And I really am digging that necklace!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Heidi said...

Those glasses are amazing! So in love with them. xo Heidi

Jennifer said...

Shup up - you look amazing!!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

hannah said...

i just love when you do your hair like this. it's perfect on you.

hannah

robyn said...

That skirt is amazing. Good find!

Jul said...

I still have to find an outfit styled by you that I don't LOVE with the passion of a thousand suns :) those sunglasses and that skirt...they are amazing.
My blog: Life Is A Romantic Poem

Orchid Grey said...

Jul- THANK YOU! Quite possibly one of the nicest compliments I've received. I am quite fond of the sunglasses and skirt myself, I've been wearing them nonstop!

sweet harvest moon said...

Your hair is so beautiful!

17 beats. said...

everything about this. perfection.

Rachel // Mousevox said...

My goodness this is beautiful. Your braids are amazing.

Jess @ Sweet Athena said...

Love this outfit! It is not my typical style, but this outfit just works perfectly! I'll be on the look out for a skirt and shoes like those. They work so well.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!