Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fray

 photo OrchidGrey_April92013-5_zps589f90cf.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April92013-4_zps7a640f47.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April92013-2_zps8a9e74b8.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April92013-1_zpsca4615ed.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April92013-3_zps371d36c9.jpg
What I wore:
Mohair Sweater: vintage/ antique mall ($15)
Jeans: Levi's/ thrifted ($2)
Jacket: Thrifted ($5)
Heels: Kelsi Dagger c/o Lulu's
Silver midi ring: had since I was a kid
Gold midi ring: Urban Outfitters ($6)
Stacking rings: Urban Outfitters ($3 sale)
Snake ring: ModCloth (old- similar)
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)

Where I wore it: To the office

For what feels like forever, I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of Levi's to make into cut-offs, My favorite pair of cut-off shorts are showing their age, and I want the insurance of a back up pair to keep on deck. I patiently comb the racks of denim (arguably the most annoying and not-worth-the-effort rack) at every thrift store I visit, weeding out contenders and almost always striking out. Well, last weekend I found these jeans, and thought for sure they would be perfect to convert to cut-offs- perfect rise, perfect wear, they were even too short so I couldn't possibly wear them as-is, right? Right? Wrong. Out of curiosity, I removed the hem stitching that the previous owner had installed, revealing a pair of short-pants that were just too good to chop. I mean, look at those wear lines, and that perfectly raw edge? Ugh. Back to the thrift store denim rack I go!


12 comments:

Lady Moriarty said...

This is a perfect sweater, it looks so soft; lucky girl !

See U !

I've found the perfect shorts on the etsy shop of Kennedy Holmes, two years ago : pure coincidence, can't live without them !

Julie said...

that sweater looks so cozy, I'm totally envious!

Megan Colwell said...

You hairstyle is amazing. I would love to find the perfect pair of jeans, alas I have not. I do have the perfect dress. So that counts for something :)

The Nautical Owl
Facebook
Etsy
Twitter
Enter this Lovely Giveaway!

Heidi said...

I love your hair like this! Amazing! -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

Heather P. said...

Ha...I've totally done that! I have every intention of altering something, get it home, and realize it's just fine the way it is!

I also agree about the denim rack - so hard to find things that work! Best of luck to you on your hunt for the perfect "new" cutoffs!

Star White said...

I was JUST scouring the denim racks at my local DAV last night for the same thing. No luck.

Love your hair!

Blessings!
Star
http://www.beautyandbows.com/

Jennifer said...

I am requesting a tutorial for your hair style asap! ;)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Bethany said...

I love everything about this look so much! That sweater is a dream - so is the hair and the shoes! xo

salemstylecrochet.com said...

loving the heels!


<3 Salem Style
Crocheted With Love in Salem Massachusetts

Monse Fuentes said...

i love it!!



El Blog de Monse
El Blog de Monse
El Blog de Monse

Bostonista said...

LOVE the gold bangle! So pretty!

xo
Kara
www.thebostonista.com

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Loving the Levis :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!