Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bootstrapping

 photo OrchidGrey_April162013-4_zps4605357f.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_April162013-5_zpsc07729c0.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_April162013-3_zps1291b6b7.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_April162013-2_zps914697b0.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_April162013-1_zps5df6305a.jpg
Photos taken By Christen D.
What I wore:
Dress: Thrifted ($5)
Boots: Justin ropers/ thrifted ($7)
Boot straps: Vintage/ Avalon ($10)
Belt: Vintage (gift)
Sunglasses: Shop in Austin, TX ($12, similar)
Bracelet: Thrifted ($7)
Vintage ring: Thrifted ($6)
Midi ring: Urban Outfitters ($6)

Where I wore it: To the office

I'm no stranger to this silhouette, but something about this specific combination felt new to me. It's the addition of the boots, I'm not normally a boot kind of girl, but I've been testing the waters after finding my gold spurs and these leather harnesses. Regardless of whether the combination works or not, I think it's good to venture outside of your comfort zone occasionally.

On a completely separate and unrelated note, I'd feel remiss if I didn't mention the fact that my thoughts are with Boston and New England as a whole. Certain events that have unfolded over the past week or so- including the marathon bombing- have made my heart hurt for what I still consider home in a very specific way. And that's all I can really say about it. New England readers, I hope you and your loved ones are well and I'm thinking of you. xo

14 comments:

Buttons Apart said...

You look lovely. I love that you added the boots with the dress to give the outfit more of an edge.

Sita xx
http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

Bea said...

Xo sweet pea.

veronika girlandcloset said...

This combination is beautiful Julie, and I agree, it's wonderful to venture into new territory + try new things. It's something I'm hoping to do more of for this spring. Just bought some fabulous pieces from Zara... and can't wait to give them a fresh spin.

Yes, Boston, oh man - absolutely heartbreaking!! xo

Carolyn said...

Thank you for recognizing Boston. I'm a student at BU, and yesterday was very difficult time even for those of us who didn't know anyone injured in the explosion. I can't even imagine how those who were even more greatly affected by it feel.

Gwen said...

This is such a lovely outfit, and the boots are actually my favourite part of it. The straps add a whole other level of awesome.

And I am so filled with sympathy after what happened in Boston. It's just horrible.

Tiff Ima said...

I love this dress!

Tiff Ima
Style Honestly

Star White said...

SUCH gorgeous boots! Can't believe you got them for such a steal!

Blessings!
Star
http://www.beautyandbows.com/

Seeking Style said...

That dress is so pretty!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Chelsea Shannon said...

holy cow those boot straps are crazy amazing!

The Village Idiot said...

Those boots are super cute. Love the straps and the spurs you wore in a previous post

Christina Marie said...

Awesome boots!


xx
www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

Tanglewood Baked Goods said...

Hope that you and yours in New England are all well too, Julie!

Monse Fuentes said...

you look cute!



El Blog de Monse
El Blog de Monse
El Blog de Monse

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

This look def works for you - looks gorgeous & kuddos to you for trying a new look! also wow, lucky you to thrift justin boots!
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!