Tuesday, April 2, 2013

At Sunset

 photo OrchidGrey_April22013-1_zpseac0e4b8.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April22013-5_zpsa6909a57.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April22013-6_zps992253e9.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April22013-7_zps59e5132a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April22013-3_zps6b21a80c.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_April22013-2_zpsebbe9175.jpg

What I wore:
Dress: Vintage/ Beacon's Closet ($18)
Top & Sunglasses c/o Lulu's
Tights: Free People ($9 sale)
Flats: ModCloth (find them here)
Bracelet: Vintage/ Thrifted ($2)

Where I wore it: To the office, for a walk around Squirrel Hill after work

While the temperature lately leaves a lot to be desired, the lingering sun at the end of the day is nothing to turn my nose up at. And the sun has been shining, deceptively bright and cheerful while snow inexplicably falls at the same time.

I'm afraid I'm stuck in a holding pattern of old favorites until the weather decides to cooperate. There are a few winter-y things I didn't wear this year, but I'm not very motivated to wear them now. Even the thought of putting on tights for yet another day dampens my spirit a little. Isn't it funny how tights are no big deal until early spring arrives? Then they suddenly become unbearable toe crushers. It doesn't help that I've been hoarding spring and summer clothes of the vintage and thrifted variety since mid-January, and all I want is to wear them.

On a side note, my camera is slowly kicking the bucket (or, maybe not so slowly since it's from 2005), and I think it's time for an upgrade. Any recommendations? I like Nikons.

20 comments:

Kelly said...

These are lovely pictures! The top one looks like it was taken in the 70s on film, rather than digital in 2013. And, yeah, I've also got a bajillion thrifted spring things that I'm SO ready to wear.

Kailey said...

Guh I love this! I'm all about tights and cut-out flats at the moment so this post is ♡♡♡!

Amanda said...

i am right there with you on the tights. Even though I do sometimes still wear them with dresses in the spring and cooler summer days, but the idea of it being warm enough to not be wearing them is driving me crazy! Come on warmer days I know you are out there!

As for cameras while it's not a Nikon, I use the Canon 6D and it is a really fantastic camera. And it is one of the cheapest full frame cameras on the market right now, which is definitely a plus.

Anyways that's my two cents :)

Lora said...

I love the mod look on you! The shirt, dress, and shades all really compliment each other.

I'm also sick to death of tights. Ugh. Where's the sun?!

-Lora
www.hungryheartvintage.com

Heather P. said...

For a second there, I thought this was another Cher post - those glasses totally threw me off! I'm with you on being sick of tights - in fact, I have just given up and worn pants for the past couple weeks out of protest. Spring really needs to get here soon!

Kitsune-kun said...

so so cute! love that jumpers, and those SHOES! If you only care about photos and not video capability, I would get just any basic affordable nikon dslr body that shoots in the best resolution ( not hard, most do I think) and then put all your real spending into a nice lens for it- although i think the 50mm f1.4 or 1.8 for the nikon isn't too bad price wise.

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Super cute!!
Your hair looks great!
Those sunnies and those shoes are perfect!!
-Adrienne. xo

http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/
http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/

Frannie Pantz said...

I just got a new camera that I LOVE, but it is a Canon, not a Nikon. I got the Rebel 4 (I think? . . .) and it is amazing. But I don't know much about Nikons. Sorry! I love your hair like this! And the jumper with the lace is adorable!

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

um, this is legitimately perfect. you are a mega babe!! i'm getting some serious sharon tate vibes here.

Ashley Brewer said...

Gosh, I love that dress -- I turn green every time I see it! I am also insanely jealous of how grown out your bangs are right now! I am in the process myself, and they are at THE worst place -- just past my eyes/tops of my cheeks. I can't do anything with them! Sigh. Patience is a virtue, as they say.

Gwen said...

These Pictures are gorgeous! The late afternoon sun is definitely working its Magic for you, these look like they were taken for some Magazine shoot in the 70's!

I know how you feel about longing for spring - we had snow yesterday!

Star White said...

This is beyond lovely! I adore every aspect from the vintage dress to the lace shirt to the polka dot shoes! Awesome!

Blessings!
Star
http://www.beautyandbows.com/

Jennifer said...

I hate that dress because I love it so much and you thrifted it and there is no way it can be mine! haha

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Marta said...

That vintage dress is perfect! You look gorgeous. Lovely photos!

http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

myedit said...

ooooo... pretty hair, wicked shades and great outfit! Basically I love it all:)

Meghan said...

I LOVE my Nikon D90 more than any other camera EVER. Get one; you will not be disappointed.

sweet harvest moon said...

Loving the seventies vibe!

Bevin Valentine said...

Love this outfit and these photos! Such an awesomely retro look. And even if it's still cold the photos don't *look* wintery. :)

Bevin
magnoliareverie.blogspot.com

eileen ragan | leaner by the lake said...

Lady, I am DIGGING on those sunglasses. Way to work the seventies. Loving this blog of yours and that tag line!

http://leanerbythelake.com

Kristian said...

Fantastic look- very much like you stepped out of a Vogue from the 1970s!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!