Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Homewood

 photo 0a762536-45d6-4f73-a4df-16d244dfba2b_zpsd6bd302f.jpg
 photo 9f36e4d9-1963-4510-a303-db8ccb6384bd_zpsad279a89.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_March192013-2_zpsfa208b60.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_March192013-7_zpse21cf22c.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_March192013-6_zpsc53fa325.jpg  photo f0a4789c-9503-4b1d-bd33-03f3a450f7d0_zpse65ee594.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_March192013-3_zps6a5a95ed.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_March192013-4_zps4359822e.jpg  photo OrchidGrey_March192013-9_zpsa9ef3b89.jpg
What I wore: 
Sweater: Sheinside ($33)
Tee: Target ($8)
Jeans: J.Brand via Gabe's ($20)
Boots: Mom's vintage
Necklace: Swapped
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Gracie bag c/o Jo Totes

Where I wore it: Running errands and a walk through the cemetery on Sunday

The Homewood Cemetery is one of the prettiest I've seen. A place full of eccentrics who knew what they wanted when it came to their burials: pyramids, statues, a life-size tree replica. We always see deer wandering through the trees, and it's blissfully quiet. A nice escape from what has been a stressful month so far. After running errands on Sunday, we took a quick walk through, it was colder than expected and our fingers froze up quickly. On the weekends, when I have a little more time to stop and look around, I like to cart around a few extra camera accessories: an extra lens, my mom's old AE-1, and my charger (because I'm terrible at keeping my battery charged).

These boots are one of my favorite hand-me-downs from my mom. She was a very tiny lady in the 70's so I was wearing most of her old clothing as a (really groovy) sixth grader, but some things like these boots, work now. She said she bought them in Portland, ME for $70.


Laura - Relatively Offbeat said...

Those boots are amazing, and better yet, they're from your mom?! Amazing.
Love this. :)

Jhan said...

Such a warm and comfy look. I can't believe those boots are hand-me-downs! They're in great condition.

MuShii said...

I have a cardigan similar to yours but I don't know why it looks so weird on me.

Jennifer said...

I love those boots! All the best shoes are always thrifted, hand me downs, or vintage :)

xo Jennifer


Girl and Closet said...

Loving the blog tweaks, Julie. It's looking gorgeous over here!! And I'm pretty sure I need to be wearing your outfit, right now! How stunning!! The camera bag is fantastic too - perfect for a photography lover like me... I'll be sure to peek at their site! Hope your week is off to a wonderful start! xo

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

those boots and that sweater! you look amazing.


blue roses said...

walking through quiet and bombasticly decorated cemeteries is one of my favorite tranquil activities... if you ever get a chance to visit paris, one of my favorite cemeteries is near sacre couer, pere lachaise, in the 20th arrondissement. so beautiful.

very jealous of your vintage boots; my mom had a similar cordovan pair ages ago that she ditched. such regret i did not score them!

Heidi said...

Loving this whole outfit! How great of your mom to give you those great boots. SO perfect. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

Cai said...

This is one of my favorite outfit posts of yours! You look fab!

Jess said...

The bag your using for your camera caught my eye - how are you finding it? I have a Canon with twin lenses and am searching for something a little classier than the general ones from the camera store.

Orchid Grey said...

Jess, it's amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect since it's faux leather, but the quality is awesome, the pouches are customizable, and most of all it's comfortable to carry around. I'll be posting a full review next week!

hollie said...

from just glancing at the first couple of pictures i thought you'd cut your hair off and i was terrified!! anyway you look great and i love that lip color on you.

Lily EBVS said...

Those boots! Those jeans! That sweater! I really love this look. In one of the pictures, it sort of looks like you've cut your hair to your shoulders, which caused me to do a double-take. It'd look great, but I love your long 'do!
Fifth Freedom Fashion

Love Your Clothes, Love Yourself - CK said...

I love those boots but I'm obsessed with your sweater! What a great style and pattern.

I also love walking through cemetaries. They are so peaceful (and surprisingly not creepy - during the day at least).


Cait Val said...

obsessed with there photos. from the start you had us questioning if you'd vut your hair!!! you hadn't but it would look cute!!!! the boots are amazing and we love a pair of hand-me downs from mom! major score with those, such a lucky duck!

xo. c & v
cake & valley

Gwen said...

I love this cowboy boho look! How jealous am I that you could steal your mother's boots, my mum has tiny feet and I have yeti feet. :(
And your hair looks so fab, it's clearly loving the trim you gave it a while ago! :)

sweet harvest moon said...

Love your sweater and bag!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!