Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Little Romance

 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-9_zps205bf16b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-2_zps686ee811.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-4_zps810683e0.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-6_zpsbfb20805.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-8_zps055db2a7.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-7_zps5c03c4b9.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-5_zpse53271e0.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-1_zpsfed3f029.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-3_zps077a4e31.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February62013-10_zps639e5c7b.jpg
In this outfit:
Dress c/o Free People
Sweater c/o Spotted Moth
Headpiece c/o Moorea Seal Jewelry
Tights: American Apparel ($25)
Boots: Thrifted ($5)
Necklace: gift/flea market

Where I wore it: To my favorite place with my favorite person

I hope you'll forgive the amount of photos here, I just love how these came out. Free People was kind enough to send me this dress in honor of Valentines Day, which is fitting, as I actually plan to celebrate the holiday this year. I've always written it off as too much pressure, smack in the middle of what I consider to be a cold and dreary month, but I'm changing my perspective. Whether you have a special someone or not, Valentine's Day offers the ideal opportunity to show those around you a little sweetness, to cheer up their cold and dreary February. Make someone a little something, send a note, have a little romance. Romance is too easily forgotten in our stress-filled days of work, work, work. Thank you to everyone who left comments on Monday's post with Valentines suggestions, I loved reading about your traditions and how you make the holiday your own!

I dressed down this shimmery dress by layering what has to be the softest sweater in existence over it (with a big warm coat over that- not pictured), and adding basic black tights and boots. I know headpieces aren't for everyone, but they should be. This one made me feel pretty magical.

To see the inspiration behind Free People's latest catalog come to life, take a look at this- very romantic- video.

36 comments:

She Dabbles said...

These photos are gorgeous! What a stunning location and a unique outfit. Love the cozy sweater addition.

~C
http://ohshedabbles.com

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

MALLORY said...

I love the location! So cute -

Bekuh Browning said...

You look phenomenal! I love that dress with the hair piece, and your cozy sweater. A perfect valentines date night look.

Bethany said...

that dress is phenomenal. and I have to say this is one of the first times i've seen hair jewellery done RIGHT! gorg.

Jhan said...

Everything in this outfit worked together so beautifully...
I'm with you on celebrating Valentine's day this year just to sweeten things up a bit. It's SO easy to forget the romance in a world that's constantly going-going-going. :-)

Abby said...

what a beautiful outfit, Julie! These photos are amazing <3

Lora said...

The last photo is particularly stunning! Love the headpiece as well!

Hope you and yours have a lovely, stress-free Valentines.

-Lora
www.hungryheartvintage.com

Megan Colwell said...

Holy moly me oh my! This post is wonderful. That head piece is stunning. As well as the location!

http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Beautiful!!
I am loving everything about this post! Especially that red dress!! Amazing!
-Adrienne. xo

http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/
http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com/

Frannie Pantz said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful dress, beautiful headpiece, beautiful girl. My bday is today and my husbands' was last week so we don't do V Day, but it can probably be very sweet.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful dress!
I think it goes so well with the head piece!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

B said...

Very pretty pics. Love the headpiece. Ya look like a princess.

ISearchYouBuy.blogspot.com

FRUIT SKELETONS said...

this is so pretty. I love the headpiece/ hair styling.

meghan said...

wow! dare I say--your best photos *ever* !!

#8o3
Meghan
alionheartblog.blogspot.com

Sharon Clause said...

absolutely stunning photoshoot. beautifully creative location as well. You are radiant.

www.simplylovelyxo.blogspot.com

Laura Go said...

I am hardpressed to pick a favorite photo! They all are stunning. And I love that dress paired with the headpiece!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Lily EBVS said...

This is just lovely!

Mary said...

Where are these pictures taken? It looks like Yale!

NY said...

OK. CUTE!

Also, I am new to Pittsburgh as well (coming all the way from Canada!) Where is this place. It looks so beautiful!

irene wibowo said...

your dress is pretty! so great!: )Irene Wibowo

erica @ expatria, baby said...

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've commented here, though I read you all the time. But I had to, because ummm, that last image? Stunning. Well done. Really. Beautiful.

The Littlest Smitten said...

Love these photos!

jackie said...

you are so gorgeous. seriously. Happy v-day a week early :)

happinessiscreating said...

Lovely pics.
The archways are amazing!

http://happinessiscreating.com/

Lagelle said...

You look stunning in these photos!

Tye
http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

Zoe Alexander UK said...

What a stunning location! Great photos! Love your hair!
Zoexxx

Michelle said...

What a beautiful place!

ROR said...

The location is Hogwarts meets Rivendell, and therefore it is awesome... don't even care that my nerd is showing. :) You're wearing a headpiece so I think you'll be cool!

Elaine Hearn said...

these pictures are amazing!!

Gwen said...

This is the most beautful outfit ever! You look so pretty and I'm super impressed that you managed to do bare arms in the snow! Also, that headpiece is just magical on you!

Lola Wrenn said...

These are such lovely photos, doll!
You look beautiful, as always.
Glad you and yo man are gonna go have a little fun this holiday.

Lola
GYPSI

Velveteen Mint said...

Wow, that headpiece looks stunning on you! It pairs very nicely with your long voluminous hair. My favorite is the very last picture. It looks like something out of a magazine!

Ester Durães said...

aww you look amazing! love these photos, so dreamy!!

Drawing Dreaming

HollyDolly said...

Hands down, one of my favorite posts of yours EVER. Absolutely stunning.

Euniece Santiago said...

I love this location! Where in Pittsburgh were these taken?

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!