Thursday, January 10, 2013

Back to Myself Again

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What I wore:
Jacket: ModCloth (find it here)
Top: J.Crew ($3 sale)
Skirt: Thrifted ($12 similar)
Tights: American Apparel Super Opaque ($25)
Boots: ModCloth (sale, similar)
Necklace: Crimson & Clover/ Crompton Collective (gift from Punky)
Belt: Vintage/ Avalon ($12)
Hat: Brixton (Chris's)

Where I wore it: To work

I wish I could say I wore this somewhere new and interesting, but nope, just to work. Regardless of where I wore it, this might just be one of my all-time-favorite outfits. The kind of outfit I put on and feel like myself, something that's not necessarily true for everything I wear. My closet has changed quite a bit from when I first started writing Orchid Grey, though many of those pieces still live in my wardrobe, my focus has shifted and with it, my personal style. An outfit that I loved a year ago, I wouldn't necessarily wear now. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, suffice to say that one of my biggest goals for 2013 is to really streamline my closet, to pay attention to what I'm drawn to and translate it for myself. Ugh, Expressing yourself, sometimes it's difficult.

Also, this hat will be firmly planted on my head until A) I figure out what to do with my mop and/or B) Summer.

Also, thank you to Megan for telling me to get this jacket. Because I do not regret it. After wishing and hoping for a used leather jacket to appear in a thrift store for years, I gave up and bought this. And I feel like a superhero.

ps- I can't recommend these boots enough, if you can find them somewhere: confusingly, confoundedly comfortable.