Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meow We're Talking

In this outfit:
Top: Etsy/ Allen Company Vintage ($19)
Skirt: Etsy/ Friendly Fox Vintage ($40 promo sale)
Belt: Thrifted/ Vintage Dior ($2)
Shoes: Forever 21 ($13 sale, old)
Bracelet: Vintage (gift)

Where I wore it: To the Propelle Style Summit

Saturday was a particularly run-around-type of day. After a busy week, and knowing I had a busy weekend ahead, I woke up early and got out of the house to enjoy the morning before I had to be at the Propelle Style Summit. I grabbed a coffee and headed off in the direction of a favorite thrift shop, you could say I was cutting it close time-wise, but I call it research. Once I returned home, I threw this outfit together, and was off again, this time to set up my table and get ready to speak about thrift shopping at the Summit. Everything would have gone perfectly, had I not hit traffic!

I can't say completely that this outfit was serendipitous, once I bought this skirt from Annie I was on the lookout for a light pink top, and this one from Allen Company fit the bill. But, really, let's talk about this skirt. Because it's covered in cats. The cats from Lady & the Tramp to be exact. As soon as it was listed, I pounced (harhar).

And speaking of cats, I'm running out the door to bring mine to the vet! I'll have more pictures from the Propelle event later this week, along with some thrifting tips!

EDIT: In my haste to run out the door this morning, I forgot to provide the story behind this skirt, which Annie posted in the item description: This skirt was manufactured as a kit after the release of Lady & The Tramp in the 50’s. Consumer’s could purchase the kit, and assemble the skirt themselves. Two versions were offered, one featuring Lady & The Tramp, and the other (this one) featuring the two Siamese cats, Si and Am. I prefer the cats.

29 comments:

salemstylecrochet.com said...

Love your outfit! The top looks so cozy and the skirt is adorable.

Salem Style <3
www.salemstyle.etsy.com

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

you look so gorgeous, i love your hair like that!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Circus Girl (Zoƫ) said...

So wonderful! And such pretty hair pretty lass! :) x

daria said...

uuu that's a great skirt! I'd take anything with cats on it!

Amanda Owl said...

BEST SKIRT EVER!!! I remember seeing this on TFF's blog! Glad it was you that picked it up, looks great!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

This outfit is amazing!!!
That skirt is the cutest!!
-Adrienne. xo

http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com
http://sending-postcards-home.blogspot.com

RoselyC said...

Cool skirt!

Bethany said...

Eep! I want your shoes!

LoveCharlesVintage said...

Love the all vintage look! Both those stores are excellent so its nice to see them come together in one outfit.

Jennifer said...

Well aren't you the most darling person in the whole world. I love this 50s inspired look!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Elizabeth said...

So cute! I love the fuzzy skirt with that adorable cat skirt! What a great find!

http://suburbanclad.blogspot.com/

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

That cat skirt is gorgeous, and it is lovely to have a piece of clothing with a story behind it. Hope your own kitty is ok xo

Birta said...

When I was a kid, those cats were my favorite cartoon characters. I knew the Siamese song from the movie by heart and used to sing it all the time. Man, I'm so jealous, hah :)

jenloveskev said...

gawk! (that's a good noise) Love this outfit. You look so beautiful!

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

that skirt is incredible!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

blue roses said...

there were so many fun DIY kits in the 50s and 60s.... i have a few purses that were homemade crochet from kits, and there were ones you could make with old telephone cords. i see a re-invigoration to the market!

looks purrrrr-fect on you.... (so bad, but soo good!)

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

lauren, curious constellation said...

That skirt! Oh my god.

I really wish they did more of those diy kits nowawdays.

akumaxkami said...

Oh my gods, that skirt is too adorable!

wardrobeexperience said...

this meaw skirt is so fabulous. great find!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Season Gosnell said...

Love, love, LOVE everything about this outfit! Perfectly fitted, fuzzy sweater......cat skirt......amazing shoes! Come on!!

Melissa said...

Swooooooning over that gorgeous skirt! I am so in love.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

dressesandcapes said...

I love this outfit! You find such great sweaters! I have such a hard time finding sweaters that fit like yours because I have a larger chest. Inspiration to go thrifting!

dressesandcapes.wordpress.com

Ghostie412 said...

I just stumbled across your blog (via a mention on Stylish White Female.) I've been enjoying thumbing through it but when I saw this skirt I just had to comment. As a fellow cat lover It goes without saying that I like about anything with a feline theme However I've got 1 Siamese curled up in the nook of my arm and another Siamese draped across my legs so a Si and Am skirt screams adorable to me!

BTW I gather you are fairly new to da 'burgh. Let me say welcome and I hope you are falling in love with the city the way I did. I came here on a 9 month consulting job a number of years ago and never left. I bounced all around the eastern half of the country but once I landed here I knew I'd finally found home.

Orchid Grey said...

Ghostie: Thank you so much for your sweet comment and warm welcome! We've been in Pittsburgh for a little over a year and are really starting to find our place here, glad to hear you love it!

Pebbles said...

what a cute skirt. :)
i so like it!

pebbles
www.joeydavila.net

Piper said...

thank you for putting this up such a really great site. Stimulating me to read much more.

Piper
www.trendone.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


farra
edupdf.org

Best Ridgecrest Child Custody Lawyer said...

Very nice fashion!

Highly recommended Audi Auto Service Renton Eurosport website said...

Great photos! Lovely outfits!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!