Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In the Dunes

In this outfit:
Dress: ModCloth
Sandals: Target ($24)
Belt: J.Crew Outlet ($20)
Chain bracelet c/o Lulu's
Spike bracelet: F21 (old)
Bra: American Apparel ($12)

Where I wore it: To the office, a walk around our neighborhood

I've had this dress on stand-by for quite some time, I brought it to Maine just in case the dress I wore to the wedding didn't work out. But it did, so now I'm wearing this one... blahblah... nonofthismatters. This summer I feel like I've hit a good stride with my wardrobe, I've become better at intuiting what will make the most impact with the least amount of effort. I feel like myself, and am not tempted to try to feel like someone else. Which has me thinking a lot about my fall wardrobe now, looking for sources of inspiration. I want to feel just as calm and easy going once the cold weather hits, and getting dressed isn't as easy as throwing on a long dress and sandals. I'm excited to play around with transitioning some of the pieces I've picked up this summer into the cooler months.

There are hints of autumn already in the cooler nights and breezy mornings we've had here. For now though, I'm perfectly fine with hot summer weather, I'll just throw on another maxi dress and call it a day.