Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In the Dunes

In this outfit:
Dress: ModCloth
Sandals: Target ($24)
Belt: J.Crew Outlet ($20)
Chain bracelet c/o Lulu's
Spike bracelet: F21 (old)
Bra: American Apparel ($12)

Where I wore it: To the office, a walk around our neighborhood

I've had this dress on stand-by for quite some time, I brought it to Maine just in case the dress I wore to the wedding didn't work out. But it did, so now I'm wearing this one... blahblah... nonofthismatters. This summer I feel like I've hit a good stride with my wardrobe, I've become better at intuiting what will make the most impact with the least amount of effort. I feel like myself, and am not tempted to try to feel like someone else. Which has me thinking a lot about my fall wardrobe now, looking for sources of inspiration. I want to feel just as calm and easy going once the cold weather hits, and getting dressed isn't as easy as throwing on a long dress and sandals. I'm excited to play around with transitioning some of the pieces I've picked up this summer into the cooler months.

There are hints of autumn already in the cooler nights and breezy mornings we've had here. For now though, I'm perfectly fine with hot summer weather, I'll just throw on another maxi dress and call it a day.

19 comments:

Carina said...

Beautiful! You look lovely in a maxi dress

Liz said...

You look amazing!

http://lavieenliz.com

Sarah @Tulle and Trinkets said...

Really pretty! I love how effortless summer style can be :)

Rebecca Jane said...

An absolutely beautiful dress and it looks stunning on you!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

That's always my problem with fall clothes... I love the easiness of summer: you can just find a dress that represents some part of your personality, put it on and feel great. Then fall comes and it's so much more effort with sweaters and tights and jackets and scarves and whatnot. I sometimes wonder why I do style-blogging when ultimately my dream is to keep things as simple as possible.

Yadda yadda, anyway, I digress. I really like this dress on you, especially the peek-a-boo sides. :)

The Littlest Smitten said...

This dress is so pretty. Great colors. I've been loving the hot weather here in VT and easiness of dresses everyday. Today is warm again today but I made myself throw on my shorts I love that I haven't worn once this summer. Fall will be here before I know it.

Mardle Made said...

I love that dress, it's stunning. The colour are beautiful. I find it hard to find maxi dresses long enough and I'm only 5'6" tall!

xx

www.mardlemade.com

Orchid Grey said...

Mardle Made: I'm 5'5", i have the opposite problem many are just a bit too long, but I find a belt and some big shoes to be a quick fix :)

Georgia said...

Good lord that dress is amazing!

Georgia

Kennedy said...

i tend to shy away from maxi dresses bc i feel like they make me look stunted or something but you always look so beautiful and long and lean in them!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Wow oh wow, you are looking so so so beautiful! <3 I am completely in love with that dress, and your freshly trimmed hair is looking extra gorgeous! Love this so much!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Julie Smith said...

Love that dress and your hair!

http://www.theladyfairer.blogspot.com/

Margherita said...

That maxi dress is simply adorable!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

I'm sort of in that same spot of envisioning how to keep it interesting and easy at the same time for the "layering" seasons. I feel like even bloggers take summer vacations from thinking of endless ways to mix and match when throwing on a dress and comfy sandals is so easy (and still stylish). Anyway, this look is great.
Besides the point, I'm obsessed with your hair like this. I want mine to do that!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous dress!
And just so you know, I'm going to get those sandals at Target tonight lol

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

One of my absolute favorite looks of yours. That dress is totally on my wishlist now!

alittlevintagestory said...

Gorgeous, I love the colours in the dress!

sweet harvest moon said...

What a stunning dress! Love the colors!

Laura said...

This look is perfect, head to toe. That dress is so stunning on you!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!