Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lulu's x Orchid Grey: Inspired by Grace Slick

For the month of June I've partnered with Lulu's.com to bring you a series of four posts, each one inspired by a different 1970's female musician. Check back every Tuesday to see my interpretation of an influential artist's signature look.
04. Today by Jefferson Airplane on Grooveshark
Somebody to Love by Jefferson Airplane on Grooveshark
Bag, blanket, onyx bracelet: Vintage

I know I'm cheating a bit by posting two songs released before 1970, but I couldn't not include Grace Slick in this series, and these two Jefferson Airplane songs are my favorites. I love how simple most of her stage outfits were, but they made such an impact, almost as much impact as her voice. White dresses, tonal accessories, sunglasses to shield your eyes from the festival sun, and a little paisley thrown in for good measure.

If you'd like to get the look, check out the Lulu's blog for tips on how to emulate my favorite seventies songstress's style!

14 comments:

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Oooh, just gorgeous dress and photos!! It drapes so nicely, and love the ivory color--not too common for dresses, actually! You're rocking it!

Grace said...

I'm a huge Grace Slick fan too. (It may have something to do with the name..) Love the outfit and the series. So fun to watch your interpretations of these women's style!

Monse Fuentes said...

great insterpretation! you look gorgeous!



El blog de Monse
El blog de Monse
El blog de Monse

Caitie Schlisserman said...

SO cute. I love this dress and the accessories you paired with it!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

blue roses said...

perhaps for july, you can do a 1980s, starship era "we built this city" rendition of grace slick...... otherwise known as, the dark years of intense cocaine use....

love jefferson airplane, so props for breaking your own rules, wink!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Your musician series has been seriously awesome!

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

gah! you're killing me with this! Grace Slick is the babe of all babes! I need to move to PGH to hang out with you.

Jessica Broyles said...

Beautiful dress and killer sunglasses!

www.highheelstsoneakers.com

Not Everyone's Mama said...

Absolutely gorgeous! This is one of those outfits that makes me say, I really wish I had the figure to pull this off! Love your hair style!

Ani said...

This Lulu's project you're doing is absolutely incredible! You emulate each musician so well. Love it and love these clothes, especially this dress.

Justalazymorning said...

i love your shoes!!

sweet harvest moon said...

LOVE it!

Rockster1039 said...

Love it. And I LOVE Jefferson Airplane <3

Kristian said...

Love that simple Greek Goddess/boho look

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!