Monday, April 9, 2012

Over the Weekend: Take Me Out to the Ball Game

 (these are from the cafe, to be clear)

Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was exactly what I needed after last week's stress fest. Thank you all so much for the wonderful advice left on Thursday's post, sometimes all it takes to slow down are other people advising you to slow down. A few people asked why we were thinking of moving, we actually love our little apartment, but would also love to be able to save a little more each month. So, we were looking into different neighborhoods, but, sometimes you have to listen to the universe, and the universe was telling us that it's not the right time to move (actually, my taxes were telling me this, but you can take celestial guidance from your taxes, right? right?). Anyway, after we made the decision to stay, it was like a huge weight was lifted. I felt so much better. It's my new goal to make the most of our cute place, to really put some love into it.

So Saturday I spent cleaning out all the junk, and cobwebs, and clutter of our lives. We moved so quickly in October that we ended up bringing a bunch of crap we didn't need, and I've made it my mission to get rid of it! Paperwork, clothes, etc., goodbye! It feels so great to clear stuff out and organize, I feel like I can breathe so much easier now.

And these photos you ask? All from an awesome Sunday spent with friends celebrating SPRING! We had an amazing, cake-filled brunch at Zenith (an antique store/cafe ALL IN ONE), followed by a Pirates game. Amazingly, the rain held off, and the sun came out, it was pretty much the perfect day.

Happy Monday!
xo

15 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

I'm not a Catholic, but I love Catholic iconography like what you've featured here. I lived in Mexico City for a while, and now 'Maria' has a very special in my heart. I have an image of her in my home. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Orchid Grey said...

Natasha, yeah, we're not either, but i still love the iconography, so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This makes me miss the 'burgh! Pittsburgh is such a great town!

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Julie, so happy to hear that things have settled, and you've reached a decision that's helping you find a place of calm - so fabulous!! We recently also decided something similar and are now spending time putting lots of love into our current place too, yay! :)

Lastly, I'm loving this new feature you've put together & what an amazingly fun looking day. Hope your week ahead is a great one!! Smooches! V

Orchid Grey said...

Anon, I agree! I'm really starting to enjoy Pittsburgh! I mean, a baseball game for $16 bucks? Can't go wrong!

Veronika, aww, glad you guys are doing the same!

Kitsune-kun said...

I'm glad you've sorted things out and feel good about everything. there's nothing better!

looks like you're having so much fun:)

jamie cassell said...

This photos are beautiful! This seems like a perfect way to spend Easter weekend to me.

hello DODO said...

My boy and I live in a teeny tiny flat and we're such messy hoarders! Have recently had a HUGE clear out and it felt so good. Still have way too much for our tiny space though >.<
Would love to get a bigger flat but they're so damn expensive round here!
Glad you feel better for your decision!

Megan said...

Hey there - I've been a long-time loyal followre of your's. Your hair is alawyas adorable and you have impeccable fashion taste! I was wondering if you could take some time and follow my art blog: http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

It would really mean the world to me, considering you're such a well-known blogger. Thank you!

Caitie said...

looks like a fun time!!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Laura said...

Bridges! Iron City beer! Ahhh, Pittsburgh...:)

Starting a couple months ago I started getting rid of a lot of the excess junk in my possession...can't say I'm finished yet, but I've taken out two giant garbage bags and several huge bags for Goodwill - and it feels awesome! Good luck to your in your decluttering endeavors :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Melody said...

I love baseball games. I just wish it stayed cooler longer here in Texas to go to one without melting.

It seems like most bloggers I read are cleaning out their homes! It's probably about time I do the same!

Eugene Marseille said...

Amazing pics!


xx
Giveaway on my blog!
http://www.eugenemarseille.com/

Hayle said...

Love your blog so much! Discovered it through my sister. It would be amazing if you could check out our music channel! www.youtube.com/TheRiverDaughters
And like, comment, rate, request, maybe even subscribe! :)

Oh, and one question! Your hair is beautiful! How do you keep it so healthy while you dye it and use heat on it? I'm worried about my hair getting dry and dying if I use too much heat.

Thanks, can't wait until your next blog post! xx

tasty moog said...

pnc park is my 2nd favorite ballpark (fenway is #1, obvs!). it's so walkable, intimate, a real neighborhood feel.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!