Monday, February 20, 2012

NYC in Pictures

 
(Image via Ruche)
  
(image from The Daybook)
   

In New York, I: 
Spent eight hours on a bus. Met up with Jen. Participated in the Lulu's Style Studio Event (follow this here link for pictures). Ate the best ever corned beef hash and eggs at 3AM. Had brunch with Sydney Natalie (and their sweet babies), and the lovely ladies from Ruche. Ate more food. Explored the Brooklyn Flea. Found two amazing things for not a lot of money at Beacon's Closet. Ate even more food at the Brooklyn Bowl (and ran into the very awesome Caroline!). Stayed with my best friend from high school. Ate even more food at the Ace Hotel. Had two glasses of wine and got real chatty (sorry for the TMI that most likely happened, Kate). Saw the back of Matt Damon. Got back on the bus for another eight hours.

In New York, I did not:
Take a single outfit shot. Go to any runway shows. Get enough sleep.

The takeaway:
I would much rather spent a weekend catching up with good friends and meeting other amazing bloggers then running around fashion week like a madwoman. I'm officially over feeling pressured to participate in things that I don't feel strongly towards. I packed clothes that were practical. I was comfortable all weekend. I had a great freaking time, but was happy to return home. I feel as though I stayed true to myself this time, I didn't stress myself out, I somehow managed to not get sick. I just had a- relatively simple- weekend away for once!

A big thank you to Lulu's for inviting me to participate in their event (which was lovely and I am so glad I was able to go), to Ruche for inviting me to brunch (that croissant was the best ever), and to Caroline for treating us to some kind of delicious dessert at the Brooklyn Bowl. Come to Pittsburgh and I'll buy you some pierogi (or just a donut)!

How do you feel about Fashion Week?

16 comments:

Vanessa said...

That sounds like a pretty great weekend! The back of Matt Damon would probably be the safest side to witness. I think if I saw his front side I would hyperventilate... and I don't even really care for Matt Damon.

Hope you have a great week! <3

www.looselips-sinkships.com

Allison Young said...

love the baby moustache pacifier.

www.absurdlypeculiar.blogspot.com

jennie going west said...

sounds like a great visit this time around. it was great to finally meet you in person! i gave myself a lot of downtime this fashion week - it does feel silly to run around to a ton of shows that don't particularly matter to your interests. and it's definitely more fun to catch up with friends and meet new ones!

KristiMcMurry said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've never even been to NY, much less fashion week. Life moves pretty slow where I'm from, so I don't think I would enjoy fashion week at all. I'd rather just view the collections from my desk at home, after I've had a nice weekend with friends like you did!

charity victoria said...

Good for you for doing only the things that are important to you! Priorities are important and from your words and pictures it looked like you had an amazing time.

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Oh my, cute baby picture! :)

Great photos!

cb said...

wow your trip looks so amazing! i love nyc so much.i want all those vintage glasses.

thanks for stopping by sweetie! so i am assuming the vintage hairdryer works? how cool is that!?!?
xo,
cb

modern Suburbanites said...

sounds like an amazing time and gorgeous photos!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Hope said...

I'm with you...fashion week is so hectic! I tried to take it easy as much as possible, but my feet were still aching by the end. I'm glad you had a great time though!!

-Hope
www.aflatteringtale.com

Vivi K said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And I agree, spending a weekend with good friends sounds far better than running around New York fashion mad! :)

www.vivikstyle.blogspot.com

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

oh goodness, love all of these! your pictures look like so much fun! you all are beautiful!!
xo TJ

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

aw! well i am glad you had fun, and it is always better to do what you "want" not what you feel you "should do" :) nyc during nyfw seems fun regardless!!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

the golden rose said...

beautiful photos! looks like you had an amazing trip! xx sylvie

northwest is best said...

Great photos. Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

Lottie said...

Next time I am in New York I whwill have to go to the Brooklyn flea market, it looks amazing! And need a couple of pairs of those glasses!

Selma said...

such beautiful pictures. Its so nice and detailed from New York, great idea! I really like the picture with the baby having a mustache soother ;)) xoxo Selma

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!