Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We're here!


Sorry for the radio silence over the past couple of days, life sure has been a whirlwind! The good news: we're getting internet on Thursday! Yayyyy! So I'll be back to regularly scheduled programming, it can't come soon enough too, I keep having stress dreams about not blogging! Chris and I departed Massachusetts way behind schedule on Saturday, turns out we have a lot of stuff, and when you have a lot of stuff it takes a loooong time to pack! The drive to Pittsburgh was long, but beautiful, and the kitties were so good! That was a big concern of mine, anyone who has ever been in a car with a cat for more then 10 minutes can sympathize, it's not usually a fun time.

Anyways, I thought I would share a few things I love today, until I'm back in outfit-taking action:

How cozy is this poncho from Ruche? It would be perfect for a night by the fireside!

These fringed boots from Lulu's are so rad! I would wear them with dark skinny jeans and an olive colored sweater.

This post of Jen's makes me heart sick for a good old New England pumpkin patch!

Have you seen the latest 12 Delightful Things?

This cocktail dress is just incredible, perfect for a New Years date or swanky holiday party.

Velvet must just be on my mind, because I'm loving this one as well!

How perfect for fall is this bag? I'm in love!

23 comments:

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Love the picture :)

Rhiannon said...

LOVE your coat!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Suburban Sweetheart said...

Glad you made it safely to your new home! Can't wait to read about your new adventures.

Deppa said...

Oh you're really happy to be there :)
Lovely photo and coat.

Have a cute day.
See you!

Karen said...

I am loving that coat!! You look fantastic!!

xox,
karen

www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

Ally,The Vintage Valley said...

Cutest photo hun! good luck with everything xx

Hannah said...

Good luck in Pennsylvania! I hope you enjoy it, because I can believe a move like that would take some guts. And I can sympathize with the cat situation. I have one who freaks out when in the car.
Again, good luck with everything!
Hannah
http://alittleburdtoldme.blogspot.com/

Lia said...

WElCOME TO STEEL CITY!

i just moved here for good a few months ago with my fiancee who is a native. its a fantastic city and area (we technically live like 1/2 hour outside of it). there are so many cool places to check out and its just so fun. i fell madly in love with it out here when i first came 4 yrs ago, and i know the adjustment of a far move can be tough - especially away from family and friends, but just enjoy the adventure! its so amazing i swear

akiko said...

Sounds like a great trip and love the photo so much! So pretty -akiko

http://styleimported.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

lovely picture and great links! You have such a beautiful smile!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

LOVE this photo! You look super cute and the coat you are wearing is to die for :)

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Vintage-Mardle said...

I LOVE this photo!!!!!!! Glad you made it to your new home safely, if a little late! Hope you have an amazing time exploring your new neighbourhood and I look forward to hearing all about it.

xx

www.vintagemardle.com

cakesandshakes said...

Roll on internet connectivity! Must be so weird without it : )

P.S. Name-checked ya in my blog oscars, here: http://cakesandshakes.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/my-personal-blog-oscars/

Hanna said...

oh, i love your coat! and congratulations on arriving there.

heartacheintobeauty said...

Welcome to my home state of PA! I've never been to the Three Rivers area, but I hear it's quite a great place to be.

Colleen
heartacheintobeauty.wordpress.com

wildchild said...

glad you made it :) have fun getting settled!

punky said...

i cant wait to come visit!

chillairandperfume said...

I just moved from PA to Boston, now you're doing the opposite :) Hope you have a lovely time and that you're all adjusting well :)

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Birta said...

My cat's fine in the car. If he's in a crate he'll complain for a bit and then just chill, but if I have him in a harness and tie him to the front seat, he LOVES a good car ride.

Glad the move went well!

Justalazymorning said...

Congratulation and love the coat!!
xoxo

Alissa said...

Cute photo!

x

A.

http://theiconic.com.au

Bonnie said...

Don't you feel so guilty and awkward when you haven't been online in a while?? I break out in a cold sweat anytime I go somewhere that WiFi is not available.
...
I'm not kidding.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

triskelos said...

Super happy for both of you! Such a big and important change in your lives, and i wishall the best on this great adventure))
also - GREAT coat! <3

http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!