Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 12, 2011: Orange, Pink, Leopard Print, Gold, Black

Dress: Thrifted
Belt: J.Crew
Tights: AA
Bag: Coach/ Thrifted

This is one of my all time favorite outfits, as someone who usually gravitates towards more neutral tones, I love how bright it is and I love the pop of leopard print these amazing boots from Lulu's provide. This is what I wore a couple of weeks ago to the Boston Fashion Week Sip & Swap with The Swapaholics, but completely neglected to get a shot of. I'm glad I waited though, I was so sick during that event, and my hair was a disaster. For the past year or so, I've been pretty ambivalent about my hair, since leaving my old job at The College I just didn't have the money to put into it anymore and allowed it to grow. It wasn't until about a month ago that I finally got fed up: my "ombre" (ha) style was starting to look like a weird hat and the ends were destroyed beyond belief from a year and a half of straightening, curling, etc. Things had gotten out of hand, and the only style I could wear it in was a (admittedly bodacious) topknot on top of my head. This past weekend, I spent four hours in the salon chair of my friend Kristin, and am happily back to a warm reddish brown, with lighter highlights, and clipped ends. Certainly not an enormous change for some, but I feel so much better! I have a lot of plans for this blog over the next few months, one of which is getting back to my hair tutorials! Are there any styles you want to learn how to do?