Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Sun Sets on Summer


Hello, everyone! Katy from Kansas Couture here. First off, a huge congratulations to the lovely bride and lucky groom! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding. Now on to my ode to summer. There are aspects of each season that I love, but there's something so singular about summer. Though my school days are long gone and my schedule stays the same year-round, that carefree vacation vibe permeates the season. The days grow longer, and there's no guilt in socializing till the sun goes down or spending lazy days at the lake. As much as I enjoy layering for cooler temps, summer lets you show some skin, celebrate simplicity and make the most of accents.


I wore this outfit for dinner and drinks on a warm evening last weekend. While there isn't all that much to it, I think the interesting print, chunky necklace, touch of neon and '70s platforms come together to make a statement.


As autumn approaches, I'm getting excited for sweater weather, but there's always that tinge of sadness as the sun sets on summer. Soon I'll forget the feeling and get swept up in hot cider, Halloween costumes, snow days and Christmas. Then when next year rolls around, I'll learn the magic of summer all over again.


Cheers to summer love and to the newlyweds!

15 comments:

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Love the bird print, pretty!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Julie Khuu said...

Love the details in this outfit! Those little birds, that gorgeous tribal wood necklace...never seen anything like it! Love your fun and flirty style, supercute!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

{molly beth} said...

love the wood wedges with the bright pink socks!

I'd love for you to stop by my style blog!
xoxo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Just a lazy morning said...

love the socks!!!
xoxo

Mrsink said...

I love the entire outfit! So cute!

amberly said...

I hate that when we get older, summer means something different to us... but you're right about embracing the fashion, being simple! I love it :) I also love your blog, Katy!!!

Natalya's Closet said...

You look so pretty! I love the bright socks, dress and accessories! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

erin.marie said...

Pretty dress! That necklace is amazing!

Erin
www.simplyjustlovelyblog.com

The Daily Fashionista said...

I'm just not ready to say hello to tights and sweaters, and goodbye to my long summer evenings. But oh well:) I still have a full month left, right?

And the outfit is super adorable!! I love the print of the dress and those neon socks.

charity @ c'est la belle vie said...

the socks add the perfect little kick!

Jamie Rose said...

The pink pop from your socks is so great with that cute little dress!

Sara C. said...

loving the outfit!
Have a nice day
Sara C.

Dawn said...

Beautiful outfit! Love your accents...including your lipstick. Simply beautiful! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Sophie-Marie said...

Love the 70s vibe and the pairing of bright socks with sandals (I never dared to do it!)

Love,
s

http://mademoisellesonushka.blogspot.com

triskelos said...

The dress is so cute! And I love your shoes with bright socks <3

http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!