Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's explore together

Hi, Orchid Grey readers! I'm Tieka from Selective Potential. Not only am I super excited to be guest blogging for Julie... but I'm even more excited for why I'm guest blogging for her! I can't wait to hear all about her wedding and I'm so happy for both her and Chris. Marriage is the best thing ever... and I know they are going to have such an amazing life together!

When Julie asked us to blog about 'summer love', I thought I'd put together a date night outfit! Typically, my husband, Brett, and I go out to the movies, or explore lighthouses, or travel for our 'dates' but sometimes we like to get dressed up and head out for dinner! I've been wanting to try a lace bandeau under a lace top for a long time... and I like the way it turned out! Definitely a more 'dressy' and 'risky' outfit for our small beach town in Michigan though!

Just a note too: Julie has definitely been one of my favorite bloggers ever since I started. She's so sweet. I have absolutely loved being friends with her for the past couple of years. I can't wait to hear all about the wedding weekend and see all of the photos! Eee! Congrats again to Julie and Chris! Thanks for reading my guest post... and be sure to check out all of the other guest bloggers too!

Outfit details:
Vintage lace top c/o andwhatelseisthere
Forever 21 floral skirt
Jessica Simpson Dany heels
Francesca's Collections lace bandeau

25 comments:

akumaxkami said...

I love the lacy top. That looks amazing, definitely appropriate for a date look.

clairemaxwell said...

Tieka you are such a beauty!

Love your hair and eye makeup. And the outfit obviously :-)

www.ithinkijustbloggedmyself.co.uk

Two Happy Hearts said...

beautiful photographs! and i love the lace with the floral skirt. such a pretty combination. and your shoes are gorgeous!

Eclectic Flair said...

I like that this outfit is different from what you usually do, Tieka. Definitely a little more risque and edgy but also so fun!!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

kelly ann said...

That skirt with those shoes is such a fantastic combo, lady! lovelovelove <3

The Daily Fashionista said...

Fantastically gorgeous! It's demure and not overly sexy, which is nice since you're a married lady;) that was meant as a joke..hehe

Kamilly Almeida said...

This shoe is really beautiful, this leap of wood fascinates me!

Beijão & aguardo você no Infinito Feminino.
www.infinitofeminino.com

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

teekuh, you always look incredible - love your style. and those shoes, i swoon!

charley said...

So cute! And a very "edgy" look for you, I like it!

xxoo

Melis said...

love your top and shoes! great guest post. :)
check out my blog!
http://hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com

Natali said...

прекрасные басоножки

Meghan said...

congrats Julie, and Tieka I adore your risky business!!


<3Meghan

Just a lazy morning said...

Looovely outfit, the JS shoes are always so gorgeous!
xoxo

Brunette Blogging said...

Love it, such a cute look! Love your hair like this :)

Lainey said...

Every time I see your Dany heels, I get so envious. I wish I had gotten them when I had the chance. They go with everything. I love that close up pic of you too. So beautiful.

Irene Wibowo said...

i love your skirt.. :)

http://lovesimplegreen.blogspot.com/

Irene Wibowo

FASHION ICE said...

lovley top and sheos

Lisa Fergus said...

LOVE this look! and congrats on getting married!!

http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Kristina Gulino said...

I totally spotted that sheer top + bandeau look on Sosie last week and was wondering if I had the guts to try it (especially after eating a big meal, haha)! You look stunning. Take care!

wildchild said...

i love the look! and then your hair and eye make up just top it off. beautiful :)

i can't wait to see wedding pictures either!

Dawn said...

Your hair looks so pretty up. Adorable skirt too. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes

Jul said...

What a lovely guest post and outfit, Tieka! I love your hairdo and that lace top is amazing. Perfect for a night out :)
And congratulations to Julie on her wedding!

http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

Amanda Blair said...

I love this outfit! The lace and floral skirt looks perfect together!

Congrats on getting married Julie :)

Peaches said...

love this outfit especially the heels!!

xxx
Peaches peachessmith.blogspot.com

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

Love this look Tieka, definitely gonna copycat it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!