Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Carnival Rides

08.16.114

Hey Everyone! It is Jen from Jenloveskev. I am super excited to be guest posting for Julie today. I can't wait for the wedding this weekend!! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. So exciting!!

Anyway, Julie asked us to share a post inspired by the idea "Summer of Love." I decided to do a little outfit post, as well as share photos from a lovely summer outing with my 2 loves. My "Summer of Love" revolves around my daughter Rowan and my husband Kev. We have been taking Rowan on adventures all over the place this summer. It makes my heart full watching her experiencing new, fun things.

08.16.116

08.16.115

08.16.112

08.16.113

Outfit Details:
Vintage Blouse: Reworked and Sized down by my mom! It was seriously a tent!
Skirt: J.Crew
Belt: H&M
High Classy Heel: c/o Modcloth (MOST AMAZING SHOES EVER!!)
p.s. I am wearing these awesome heels to Julie's Wedding!!

There is a place by us called, Hoffmans Playland. It's this permanent carnival that is geared towards little kids. All the rides are miniature for your kiddos. Rowan LOVES it there. She walks around pointing and "oooooh" at everything. She also loves to dance to the oldies music they blast over the park. It's been a summer staple for us.

hoffmans10

hoffmans5

hoffmans9

Enjoy the rest of your Summer!!

14 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

your vintage blouse is SO darling jen!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

wildchild said...

that top picture of you watering the snflower is so cute :) as are all the ones of you guys and rowan at the park. love family time, especially in the summer.

Melanie said...

So adorable. Love your top!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

Julie Khuu said...

Pretty! Love how the concept behind this post echoes the sentiment perfectly! Nothing says summer of love better than family pics and a supercute vintage ensemble to boot!

You look great, awesome post!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

A Stylized Hysteria said...

The wedding countdown has officially begun huh? How exciting! I love your shoes- especially that bright red heel. And having recently seen Rowan at the clothing swap, I can say with authority that she is a grade-A cutie pie!

Dawn said...

Beautiful post and your daughter is just adorable. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo yay Julie on getting married. Congrats darling.

chantilly said...

that blouse is seriously wonderful! i dream about shirts like that. you're very lucky to have a mom who will rework your clothing!

xo

Laura Gerencser said...

Cute shoes!!

Kelly said...

Cute post! Love the shirt & those shoes do look pretty awesome. And, um, is that a scarecrow in the background of one of the photos ???

Kelly @
Elegantly Academic

Courtney said...

I LOVE THIS OUTFIT! Everything is so perfectly matched!

Those shoes are to die for...

Your baby is darling. How cute!!!

Courtney
I Can Be Many Things

Hailey said...

I seriously LOVE those shoes! Super cute outfit :D

Stacey Kay said...

Beautiful photos! Ahhh summer.

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
Giveaway: Win a new wardrobe by Goodwill Huntingg!
Follow my 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge via YouTube
Blogger spotlight: Sarah’s Laundry
My Vintage Handbag Line

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Love these pictures!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

dusanabotswana said...

I love the pictures of Rowan on the rides, so sweet. That's so cool they have a park made special for little kids! Love that top too, reminds me of a skirt I thrifted (including it's original size : ). You look amazing as always!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!