Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Backyard Family Time

Hello Orchid Grey readers! I'm Starr from A Thought is the Blossom, excited to be here guest blogging for Julie today while she and Chris celebrate their new marriage. I'm thankful that Julie left us with such a great topic to talk about before she left, because not only was it easy to come up with all the things I love about summer, but it was also kind of fun. What's not to love? There's late sunsets, no school (and thus, no homework), lake/beach trips, my birthday, shark week, my birthday during shark week (win for me!), sandals and sun dresses, and gosh, I could probably go on and on for days. . .

My boyfriend recently gave me another reason to smile about the summer when he brought home a ten-week-old Puggle as my birthday present! In the evenings when he gets home from work, we like to take Louie and our cat Monkey outside to play. Lately, that's when I've been doing my tripod shots. Jake will get the soccer ball out and kick all around me while the little dude chases him around. Needless to say, it's made outfit photos a lot less lonely and whole lot more fun. My boyfriend's usually a no camera/no facebook/off the grid kind of guy, but I tricked him into a family photo just for you guys!
Big thanks to Julie for letting me guest blog for her today, and CONGRATULATIONS on tying the knot!

15 comments:

nicole said...

You guys are so cute together. I love your new pup, too! Louie is his name? Precious. It's nice to see you so relaxed, at home, and in your element. xo.

wildchild said...

i like your cute little headband bow :)

Rae Veda said...

That is so sweet! I'm a sucker for puppies.

xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

AWWW what a happy family and a sweet new doggy!

steffy said...

Your little puggle is so cute!

Natalya's Closet said...

Lovely post! I'm heading over to check out your blog now :). XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

kelly (unremittingly kel) said...

great dress!

& best wishes, love, and many happy years for the newlyweds :)

http://unremittinglykel.blogspot.com

herecomesthesun said...

Oh Starr you're such a babe! Looking amazing as always. LOVE your pets.

Just a lazy morning said...

how cute are your puppies?!
lovely pics, so nice!
xoxo

Natali said...

Здорово вы придумали с гостями в блоге)
Чудесные фото и милый пост)

adelina from stylingphotodiary said...

i love your photos !

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Such a cute family photo :) I'm more of a cat person, and your kitty is super cute! x

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

Aww, this is such a cute post. I wish I had a yard so much!
XOXO

Jamie Rose said...

Your new dog is so so cute! Great family photos.

Irene Wibowo said...

so cute! great photo! :)

Love Simple Green
IRene

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!