Monday, May 16, 2011

Over the Weekend Part 2: Canal District Swap & Shop (more photos than Brimfield, I promise)

Another great Swap in Worcester on Saturday, which became known as Little #Swapday due to all the other Swaps happening at the same time (Atlanta, GA, Portsmouth, NH, Sacramento, CA). I always enjoy the Worcester Swaps, they're a little less insane (but really only a little). We arrived early to set up and get sorting and it wasn't long until the line started growing.
Photos: Adam Towner (thanks, buddy)
I'll have my official Style File tomorrow, but this is what I wore. And it seems no Swap is safe from ridiculous outfits...ahem...CHRIS.

I saw five bags worth of my stuff find new homes (and I suspect it won't be long until I see it popping up around the blogisphere, Jen and Hilary!) which was extremely cathartic. I've been getting rid of so much stuff lately and it feels great to see it go to someone who'll give it new life.

To find a Swap event in your area head to the brand new events page on Swap.com!

14 comments:

Punky said...

that photo looks like chris just joined a roller derby team.

The Science Fair said...

How fun! I'd like to organize one of these in my area. I've got lots of stuff that needs to go, go, go!

Have a great Monday!

Laurren

A Handful of Flowers said...

I love love love this idea! I want one in my area too!
Up at college we did a floor event of "Spring Cleanning" and we just put clothes and accesories that we didnt want anymore in the hall, and just swaped! but a big event like yours would probably have a better turnout!
well I simply love this idea
-Sincerely Sophie
ahandfullofflowers.blogspott.com

chantilly said...

that swap looks amazing! i visited the swap site you posted... sadly there are none going on in all of new york state, nevermind nyc. wahh, i wanna swap!!

Meggstatus said...

Looks like heaven.

emma basilone said...

i want to be part of one of these!

http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

cakesandshakes said...

I want to gooo!!!!!! Also: your hair looks totally rock chick with the dip dyed ends, that apparently is 'cool' these days :-) And is is getting super long! ALSO Also, your pants in these shots look super comfy: do I sense a 'what to wear clothes-shopping' post coming up : )

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Bea Modisett said...

Chris is so cool. COOL KIDS! Glad you had fun, fun, fun,fun. Fri-i-day.

Brittany Videll said...

Looks like a successful swap! I hope to be able to attend one one day! And your hair is SO LONG! Jealous!

Gabriella said...

SO fun! I hope some Swapsters come to CT soon! Awesome pictures!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

what a fun event! i've done small swaps before (with 2 other people) but a lage scale event like this sounds fantastic! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Carly said...

I am so bummed! I go to school in Worcester and literally left for summer break less than a week ago. It sounds like a bunch of fun and would have been a nice way to recycle some of my things that are cute, but I'm just not that in to anymore.Hopefully I'll be up back up for the next one.

http://framedpersonality.blogspot.com/

Geetika said...

This looks like a really fun way get rid of excess stuff. Definitely gonna try this out.

sarah g. said...

Seriously? I had no idea this existed! I live in Western Mass myself and am always looking for neat clothing swaps. I have lots and lots of vintage clothes and would be really interested in participating. When is the next one?
Thanks!

S

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!