Monday, April 25, 2011

Over the Weekend: Earth Day Clothing Exchange!

Technically, this wasn't over the weekend, it was Thursday. But I pretty much checked out Thursday afternoon, so we'll count it as the weekend! That afternoon, I headed into the city to help set up for the Earth Day Clothing Exchange, hosted by the Swapaholics:
(Pacifico Beer, one of the sponsors, SO GOOD!)
(Beer and cupcakes (from Cakeology), the perfect pair)
(I wore a thrfited blazer, thrifted button-up, Swapped cut-offs, and thrifted loafers (not pictured))
(some of my favorite girls)
(how can you not play dress-up at a swap?)
(All above photos: Adam Towner)
Among other things, I got this sweet minty snowsuit. Somewhere there's a video of me dancing in it, wearing silver shoes. I have a hard time not putting on ridiculous costumes when the opportunity arises, and this time it payed off: I won two tickets to Friday's Wine Riot hosted by The Second Glass for best Swap Score! The snowsuit will come in handy for more dress-up and snow shoveling next winter.

My other swap scores: A Paul And Joe tweed jacket, a Rebecca Taylor shearling vest, two vintage tops, and some vintage jewelry. I also got a pair of Dolce Vita wedges.

14 comments:

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

You got some great stuff! It was fun seeing you again :)

Hilary Grace said...

What a fun swap! I've never heard of Pacifico beer.. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it. Looks like you had a really successful time!! Snowsuit and all! :)

togetherinadream.blogspot.com

briannelee said...

Oooo, I really need to make it to one. It looks like you got some great stuff!

sami chu. said...

love the swap pics! so sad i didn't make this one! that snow suit will come in handy for the winter!

xo
sami
ps. i am hosting a cute giveaway this week!
http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/04/love-ly-giveaway.html

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I'm really hoping there will be a clothing swap in the Chicago area soon... maybe I need to start one! Love the letter balloons and it looks like you found lots of neat items. Quite the turnout too!

wildchild said...

that just looks like so much fun. and also, beer and cupcakes? perfect :)

chelseasgirl said...

Looks like a cool event, wish I could have gone!

http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

http://www.theidea-generator.com/

Chloe said...

So fab!

C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

Lexie, Little Boat said...

beer and cupcakes! so jealous. i will put pacifico on my list of beers to try!

i love the little glimpse of your swap loot -- can't wait to see how you style everything!

GoodFrameofMind said...

A swap on earth day, so fab! Looks like you got some great stuff and it looks like you had such a good turnout!

emma basilone said...

OMG I would love to attend one of these (even though I am attached to my clothes haha) Looks like you scored some great things!!

http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Oh man!! I miss swapping with you ladies! And it looks like you got some good loot! I'm way too excited for Amy and Melissa to head out to San Francisco so I can get some swap love in my life.

Florence said...

big hair indeed :D
gorgous outfit, love it soo much
followed ya

www.fantailflo.com

geeta arts said...

You guys are looking amazing.......great outfits.....find out best Collection of Wedding sherwanis at geetaarts.com.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!