Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20, 2011: Stripes, Black, and Gold

(photos: Chris)
Sweater: J.Crew (sale)
Belt: Vintage
Bracelets: Vintage
Umbrella: Target (old)
What I wore to work yesterday afternoon. As much as I've been preaching low key outfits, I'll admit to enjoying the excuse to dress up a bit. It definitely wasn't warm enough out to go without tights, but once I got into the store I was fine. This time of year is so strange, today it's freezing and drizzly and tomorrow looks like it will be beautiful (I hope). This dress from Spotted Moth was packed up with my Spring and Summer stuff, and I'm so happy to have it in rotation again, it's one of my all-time favorites. I love it paired with a cardigan and sandals, the Casita's from Blowfish Shoes are the perfect shoes for work, the little wedge gives a bit of a lift and they're super comfortable.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so am taking a much needed day off. I plan to answer overdue emails (sorry), clean up the house, and clean out my closet in preparation for tomorrows swap (this doesn't sound like a day off at all). Are you having a nice day?
(Hi, white legs)

Receive 15% off your order from Blowfish Shoes with the code BFORCHID15!

25 comments:

Punky said...

yay!!! Swapping!!!

I have a pie plate for you, and magazines.

Katie said...

Very jealous of your hair, love the curls! You look beautiful in the dress and that belt is stunning! It's stopped being so cold here and now I'm embracing the sun!

Jesse said...

oh i love those sandals, and i bet since they're canvas they're even more comfortable.

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

WOW, I love everything about this gorgeous outfit. It's so perfectly put together. Love the shape of this dress, strappy shoes + cardy (so sweet), and that belt is -heavenly!! I can't believe it's a vintage treasure. Eeee, so CUTE! xx veronika

color shows said...

Cute outfit! I love the shoes.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Loved that dress on you last year and love it now. Also, that belt really goes with everything!

Anonymous said...

Well, I love the outfit, AND the white legs. Seriously. Since when did people decide that legs had to be tanned? I'm all for a white-legs-fashion-trend this summer. I already tried to start it in The Netherlands, but yeah, over here it's still too cold to go without tights as well... Soon!

Orchid Grey said...

haha thanks for the white legs support, anon!

Jay said...

This is so cute!!!

I am having a giveaway on my blog, you should check it out!

http://commonsenseandstilettos.blogspot.com/

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

the bow belt is so darn cute!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Chloe Rushworth said...

Your hair is so absolutely beautiful and so is this outfit.

C x
http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

Little Tree Vintage said...

love your style, awesome picks!

Aubrey said...

I like the new border!

lauraa said...

Wonderful and fun photos with the umbrella. Hahaha I laughed at the white legs. Somehow you carry it off ALOT better than I do! I feel like a plump little sausage with my pasty winter legs!
xxx

Eva B. said...

Just calculating how long it will take to grow my hair so that it reaches my waist like yours! Love love love it... bravo.

Pauliina said...

Yes! So I'm not the only one who wears completely weather inappropriate shoes ;) I love this look, very cute!

The Daily Fashionista said...

I think its so cool that your area does swaps so often. I would love to have one around here!

And your dress and sandals are sooo pretty together! What a great spring time outfit!

Carolyn said...

That belt is so fantastic! I'm always on the lookout for new ones, and I swear-- belts are the one clothing item that never seem to age.

Kitsune-kun said...

totally in love with the shape patterns of those shoes. so [retty.

kate gabrielle said...

ooh I love your umbrella!!

The Bohemienne said...

The transparent umbrella is so cute!

Midge said...

Gorgeous hair!

Roma Agsalud said...

I love your belt :) the bow makes it look vintage but its gold tone makes it classy! hitting two birds with one stone! :)

Maria E. said...

I love how 60's that umbrella is...it goes with your outfit wonderfully. :)

Aw, feel better soon! Maybe try taking a spoonful of honey; I practically swear by it whenever I feel icky. xoxo

~ Maria
www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Very cute outfit! Love it!


http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!