Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gold paper packages tied up with string

Can you believe it's the Holiday Season already? I feel totally unprepared this year, it just completely snuck up on me! I finally wrote out my christmas cards yesterday and am finally starting to think about what to get everyone on my list. Being of the Christmas-celebrating-persuasion, one of my all-time favorite traditions over the years is Secret Santa. I love the process of picking out the perfect Secret Santa gift, its a great way to challenge yourself to see how much you know about someone. So, when TjMaxx contacted me to see if I wanted to participate in a blogger Secret Santa, I jumped at the chance! Not only was it one of my favorite traditions paired with one of my favorite stores, it was a chance to buy something for someone I didn't know, what a challenge! They sent me a gift card and told me I would be buying for Melanie of You Are My Fave and I was off shopping, I found some amazing things for my SS, and also some gifts for others on my list (aaaand, myself as well!).

After wrapping and sending off Melanie's present, all I had to do was wait for my gift to arrive in the mail. What a surprise when i saw that Melanie had me as her SS! Her gift was beautifully wrapped in gold paper, and tied with a pompom in my favorite color.

Clearly, I wasn't the only one excited about the pompom:
Inside, I found a Nine West bag, cozy mittens, Betsy Johnson tights (how did she know?), and chocolate! Thank you Melanie and TjMaxx!
To see what I sent Melanie, go here!

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wow what an awesome idea!!
How exciting to be involved- I'm jealous :]]
You received such lovely gifts too :]]

Charlotte xxx
http://www.girlnextdoorfashion.net

Nicole said...

Between your picks and Melanie's, I want to go on a TJ Maxx shopping spree!! :) Very thoughtful on both ends, you guys picked nice items.

Merry Christmas!
Nicole
http://employedpanache.blogspot.com

cb said...

wow that sounds like so much fun!! love those tights! betsy is awesome! can't wait to see you style them!

xo,
cb

grace said...

what an awesome way to do secret santa! and connect bloggers! and shop tjmaxx!!

upatreecupatea said...

Such a lovely bag! :)

I love SS too, we did it at work this year and I had so much fun picking out my SS's presents!

ag. said...

Secret Santa's are such fun! I love this idea...you guys both sent some awesome gifts!

Velvet Dawn said...

I love this post about secret Santa...thanks for sharing. I live 2 miles from Tj and Marshalls which happen to be right next to each other...dangerous but fun. Have a great weekend...off to NYC for a Christmas getaway...stop by and see Timothy Winter and Thursday's thrift find. Have a fun filled weekend. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes.

curious constellation said...

Giving and receiving gifts is such a fun thing to do. I'm definitely going to organize a Secret Santa party between my friends next year.

Caroline said...

Yes! I love Secret Santa. What a great present.

Kinsey Michaels said...

what an absolutely lovely secret santa gift!!

D'Andra said...

What a great idea and gift!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!