Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dream Bigger

These are the rest of the images from the Jess LC shoot that I did, featuring the Franklin Collection "Dream Bigger" necklace:

Dress: Vintage (hand-made by my aunt)
Bracelet: Modern Millie's VIntage ($4)
Necklace: Franklin Collection c/o Jess LC
Since the focus of my outfits is never really on the jewelry I'm wearing, I really enjoyed the challenge of creating an outfit that showed off my necklace. I wanted to keep things simple, but interesting so I chose a patterned dress and solid shoes. Before I received these shoes from ModCloth, I really only ever imagined that red shoes would go with this dress, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the sea foam and red piping looked great with it! The shoes definitely push the 1940's feel of the outfit, So I chose to keep my hair down to avoid making it too costume-y.


I'm so happy it's thursday! I can't wait for this weekend, the weather has been so incredibly hot this week that my energy is completely sapped. I can't wait to go to the beach and some flea markets on saturday and sunday!

What intention would you choose, and why?