Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creep Course

White lace vest: Vintage (Mom's)
Black lace vest: TjMaxx ($7)
Suede skirt: Vintage thrift ($2)
Black flats: Gap ($34)
Hat: Chris' via UO
Ring: Forever 21 ($3)
Some of you may already be aware of my love of graveyards, this one in particular, and yesterday was a particularly graveyard-y day. Living in New England, we have some spectacularly old gravesites, especially where I live: Salem, MA is just down the street... and we all know what happened there. Did you ever do grave rubbings (where you take a crayon or charcoal and a piece of paper and rub over the headstone to make an impression)? We did them a lot in elementary school, the Montessori school I went to was right across the street from a huge graveyard and it feels like we were over there all the time for one project or another.

Anyways, my outfit. I love this and am predicting it will be on heavy rotation in my closet! My mom gave me this sweet lace vest for christmas, it was such a surprise because I thought I had discovered all of her old clothes years ago. Apparently she had a stash! I was coming up short on what to wear it over until I found the black lace tank top underneath. This skirt was packed away for winter for about a week until I wanted to wear it desperately again, plus it's been a bit cold lately so the suede keeps me warm but not too hot! I went with simple accessories, Chris' hat (which I wear more than he does!), a black necklace, and my silver double finger cross ring. I love these rings. I had given up hope of ever finding one, but then Punky gave me one and I found a silver one the next week at F21! What luck!
So, I'm so glad I can finally talk about my job change! I've been holding it in for weeks but couldn't announce it until the notice had been posted for the College community. To be honest, I'm finding myself overwhelmed with the possibilities. To be sure, I'll be looking for another full-time position (almost) immediately, but this will be the first time I've been unemployed since I was 14! I'm really looking forward to a couple of days rest before I start the whole resume, cover letter thing. It's been a long time since I had any semblance of a vacation. Thank you to all who left encouraging, career change words!

Ok, I'm off to clean my kitchen. I'm a thrill seeker. I know.