Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Create. Compete. Ca-Ching! with Couturious!

So I've mentioned Couturious.com on here before, the unbelievably addicting styling site where you essentially get to play virtual paper dolls with thousands of designer pieces...for hours on end. Yes, it's addicting! Well, a few weeks ago Couturious contacted me to see if I would be interested in being one of the judges for a scholarship competition they are hosting, how could I say no? The contest is open to anyone who is currently enrolled or will be enrolling for Fall 2010 in any of the 8 participating Colleges. There will be three winners chosen: The grand prize of $2,000, second place receiving $750, and third receiving $250!
Submissions will be accepted April 12- April 25th. For more information on the competition, the participating colleges, and to read my dorky introduction visit the contest page at Couturious!

Good luck and happy styling!

13 comments:

dollythedagger said...

WOW! I'm so sure!! I'm graduating FIDM in June! Bummer for me but how cool is this!? good luck to the participants!

The Owl's Closet said...

wow, what an awesome opportunity! wish they had this when i was school lol:) thx for sharing!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

OooKellyNicky said...

Can't wait to go to college in the fall, this is a great oppurtunity. Really awesome.

my blog: La Stylin Girraffe!

Oughta Say No said...

Am I the only one that thinks chick on the left looks like Bai Ling?!

Orchid Grey said...

she DEFINITELY looks like Bai Ling! only a bit classier!

Hannah said...

This sounds amazing. It's a win-win situation all around.

Ok, so I took you advice and ordered Grey Gardens from my local library, and hopefully I'll be enlightened soon.
I took some time to read her bio on wikipedia, and she definitely peaked my interest. She sounds like one of those endlessly interesting tragic characters.

isis said...

i like your 'big hair small wallet.'
♥♥♥

kelly ann said...

this sounds SWEET! what a fabulous opportunity.

haha! that girl seriously does look like a classier bai ling, that's hilarious!

Clare said...

Wow, amazing! Congrats on being a judge!

tweet tweet tweet

x

notjustmedical said...

Sounds like an amazing opportunity! Congrats on being chosen judge!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Becca said...

Ha ha, this looks like such an interesting site! Thanks for mentioning it. Good luck on your contest!

Diana, The Girl Overboard said...

What a great opportunity, good luck to all the contesters!

And I've tagged you for an award on my blog.
Love, Diana

http://thegirloverboard.tumblr.com

Hayley said...

I love Couturious! I just wish there was a way for my creations/outfits to get noticed, since I am not attending any of those schools. Please, check mine out! http://www.couturious.com/p/Hayley/515

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!