Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here's a story of a lovely lady...

Top: J.Crew thrifted at Savers (8.00)
Skirt: Lark&Wolff via UO (20.00 sale)
Shoes: Matiko via LF (40.00 sale)
Belt: Thrifted via Savers (1.00)
Tights: ?
With the pattern on this shirt, who needs accessories? I found this silk J.Crew shirt this past weekend on Chris and my weekly thrifting excursion to Savers. Someone very stylish must have cleaned out their whole closet, because I hit a veritable jackpot of J.Crew items, mostly tops. This pattern is something I would have died over in 7th grade, was anyone else obsessed with the 1970's as a middle schooler? I didn't want my outfit to get too costume-y (i.e. Marsha Brady), so I kept the rest of it subdued and a bit prim with a navy skirt and navy tights. For some reason i always ignore the shirts/tops section at thrift stores, I don't know why because there are always so many...well, maybe that's why...there is always too much! haha! I've been making more of an effort lately though to dig through them, I need to diversify beyond my typical oxford button-up obsession. Do you ever find yourself doing that? focusing on one thing at a time, like just buying shoes, or just buying jeans? It's a habit I need to break!
I'm glad everyone enjoyed my Rockport post! Out trip definitely motivated me to try and make more solid plans for my weekends, usually we flounder around for half of it just trying to figure out what there is to do! I'm still looking for ideas for this weekend, it looks like it might be raining again (as it is now) bummer...