Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Misty Morning

So, this outfit is kind of a rehash from Monday's but I figured I could get away with it because I'm on vacation?
Shirt: Vintage Saks Fifth Avenue via thrift (3.00)
Cardigan: H&M (16.00)
Jeans: BDG via Urban Outfitters (gift)
Shoes: hand-me-down Dexter's from Adria (free)
Necklaces: H&M and J.Crew ($9-14)
This field is one if my favorite places at my mother's house and today it looked beautiful in the mist. I love foggy mornings, and today the fog lasted all day, perfect weather in my opinion. I love how everything looks a little more saturated on foggy days

So far my week has been relaxing, nice because tomorrow (Thanksgiving) will be just about the polar opposite. Chris and I are from the same geographical area, which means we have a lot of family to visit. I'm excited though, I love Thanksgiving! I think it's one of my favorite holidays because it's more about enjoying the company of people you love, whereas Christmas has become so consumer based. I won't go into the whole Christmas tirade, but I have been thinking a lot about what I'm thankful for lately. I tend to complain about a lot of stuff but in the end I know I am lucky to have what I have. So, in the spirit of the holiday, a top ten:
I am thankful that...
1. I have a job I can complain about in a time when many of us don't.
2. I have clothes on my back.
3. I have a car that gets me where I want to go.
4. I have a family to visit and spend time with.
5. I have leftovers to eat.
6. I have a few good friends who understand me.
7. I can go to the doctor if I am sick.
8. I have a significant other who I can fall back on for support.
9. I have a warm apartment to go home to.
10. I have options.
So, my wonderful readers, what are you thankful for this year?

20 comments:

Lexie said...

number ten is a great one to be thankful for. i never really thought of that.

also i love the dew on the grass in your pictures. beautiful.

Ash said...

Well... Thanksgiving here in Canada has come and gone but I am thankful for change. I like change and my life has done a complete 360 since last October. It was hard to get through at first but I have come out stronger. I have finally found some direction in my life and set goals that i am slowly accomplishing! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ash
goldleafashley.blogspot.com

Capricioustraveler said...

Pretty

maeghan said...

Very well put. With the exception of the pets, I'm thankful for all those same things! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

piglet said...

Beautiful shots!

grace said...

ooo same here on all of that list, especially 9 & 10. i would also be thankful for those awesome woodlands!

rawrnold said...

I am also grateful for leftovers! P.S. I have been wearing this same outfit almost constantly for the last two weeks - it's a good one!

penny said...

oo your post was amazing!made me feel better instantly for all these things that you mentioned and I have also but I had never acknowledged them!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Kass said...

That landscape is so pretty.

tieka said...

I love your photos! They are so pretty. The setting is just lovely. and Happy Thanksgiving!
selective potential

Kyla said...

What a gorgeous field! Enjoy your day!

Sidewalk Chalk said...

These photos are so beautiful. The colors are gorgeous. I love the frost in the last photo.
Have a great Thanksgiving! -JoAnn

Diana said...

Beautiful outfit, and beautiful location. I love foggy mornings too.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i'm loving those shoes! (and those foggy pictures are beautiful).

Danielle said...

I absolutely adore your style. These shoes are SICK. I just created a new blog, if you get a chance I'd love for you to check it out!

www.antiquatedtreasures.blogspot.com

briannelee said...

That last image is gorgeous! You always make everything you wear look so stylish.

myedit said...

The pictures are stunning...
I'm thankful for family, friends, fuzzy pets and the end of my shopping ban.

Andrea said...

wow, those pines are absolutely gorgeous, and I can even smell them!

ps: love your blog!

pamela said...

beautiful! i hope you don't mind i linked to your blog the other day... is that legit? i never know the rules for that kind of stuff

Every Little Counts said...

misty mornings are the best. gorgeous photos.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!