Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Daily Style...

Dress: Forever 21 (7.00 sale)
Scarf: hand-me-down from Mom
Belt: hand-me-down from friend
Tights: TjMaxx (4.99)
Shoes: Tag Sale (1.00)
Bag: thrifted vintage Cole Haan (2.00)
After wearing pretty much the same thing all weekend, it was nice to actually wear something different. I remember coveting this scarf of my mothers as a child, always using it to play dress up. After less than 24 hours at home, I'm now in Fishkill, New York. I was supposed to be here for two straight weeks, but after being home and then leaving so abruptly, I decided to return for the weekend. Even though traveling is part of my job, being away so often makes me feel like a bad girlfriend and a bad cat-mama. Chris and I did get to go to breakfast this morning, it was nice to be able to spend at least a little time together.
Also, a big thank you to Fashion Therapist and Marta Castellanos for the blog awards! Since both awards have basically the same rules, I've combined them. So, seven random things about me:
1. I love rockabilly and psychobilly music.
2. I have a pretty severe fear of flying.
3. I love watching large flocks of small birds.
4. I love to bake pies.
5. When I'm on the road for work, I love watching trashy T.V. (right now I'm watching "The Secret Lives of Women on WE).
6. I listen to Queen when I clean my house.
7. I have arthritis in both of my knees.

Now it's your turn! Tell me something about yourself!

18 comments:

Elaine said...

I LOVE this!!! If I could copy it, I would. But I don't have anything similar except for the burgandy tights :(. Loved reading the 7 things about you!!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Clare said...

Your outfit is GORGEOUS! Love your 7 things, too.

Bea Modisett said...

Chris' mustache.

Orchid Grey said...

so good right?

Delightfully Tacky said...

I love the outfit and what you did with that scarf, so gorgeous!

Corinna said...

i love the way you wear your scarf! i have to try this myself!

briannelee said...

Ahhhh, I love that scarf!!!

The Sideshow Scrapbook said...

I really love what you have done with the scarf....beautiful outfit....and I love the leggings and bag...real fall feel :)

Laura xxx

www.sidestreetstyle.com

Laura Gerencser said...

Love your outfit!!!

Penny said...

Isn't it special to wear something that you eyed on your mom as a kid? You look wonderful and I love how you draped the scarf over your dress....mmm, wonder if that would look good on me? Must try!

chicfaced said...

I do love the belted/draped scarf thing. I may have to try that one out sometime...I'm always trying to figure out new ways to wear my scarves, since I pretty much wear them all winter long.

Kayla said...

Do you live in Fishkill now or are you from Fishkill?

futurelint said...

Love the colors in this outfit - the light blue dress is so cute with the burgandy tights!

Tara said...

Are you still in Fishkill?? I grew up near there! GO TO DIA BEACON! It's the most amazing art space.

I could list a ton of things to do if you want! The Hudson Valley is great this time of year.

Second Skin said...

So happy to have found your blog! Beautiful outfit. Lovely random things.

Orchid Grey said...

thanks all! to kayla and tara, I answered both of your questions in my latest post!

Ash said...

I love what you did with the scarf! Gorgeous dahling! Something about me you ask?
1. I make jewelry. (Check out www.goldleafashley.blogspot.com)
2. I have a full time and a part time job.
3. I have a little bro who is 16 years younger then me (same parents. I get asked all the time!)
4. I am moving to Europe next fall.
5. I know I want to live in Greece forever even though I haven't been there yet.
6. I love food. More then most people.
7. I hate the smell of bacon when I am first waking up in the morning.

Sidewalk Chalk said...

I love the burgundy tights and the scarf combo. So lovely! - JoAnn

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!