Friday, August 14, 2009

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!


Before I go on to my Daily Style post, I have some much needed "Thank You's" to address!

First of all, I want to thank all of my fantastic readers who read and/or follow Orchid Grey! It means so much to me that you look at my blog, let alone feel compelled enough to leave me such wonderful comments, I truly appreciate every one of you!

Second, I was lucky enough to win a giveaway this week! I know that with giveaways, it really just comes down to luck, but the fact that I won AdoredAustin's Leviticus Jewelry giveaway yesterday, really turned my whole week around! Thank you Indiana, for having a great blog, I can't wait for my necklace!

And lastly (but certainly not the least-ly...har har har) I would like to thank Krystal of ThisTimeTomorrow for featuring me on her blog today! She sent me some fantastic questions to answer, and I'm so excited that she chose me as her first feature! To learn more about me go here!

Well, Now that we have that all squared away, on to Daily Style!
Silk Blouse: Hand-me-down (free!)
Belt: Thrift gift from Mum (free!)
Skirt: F21 (15.00)
Tights: Target
Shoes: TjMaxx
Sunnies (on my head): F21
I am in love with this shirt. If you look closely, you'll see that I am actually wearing the NYC skyline. Cool, huh? Yeah. I felt pretty snazzy today! Today is my last 1/2 day Friday at work, and you can bet I'm gonna take full advantage! One more week and the new freshman move on to campus...that's right, peace out anonymity!

P.S.- I am slowly but surely updating my Blog Roll, If you would like to trade links leave a comment and I'd be happy to add you if you'll add me!

Have a great weekend!

24 comments:

Dana (MODAna) said...

I've never commented before but I love your blog- it's absolutely inspiring and original

-Dana

Pretty Neat Designs said...

Great interview! It was neat to learn more about you.

Jennifer said...

Congrats congrats on a very exciting day full of things!!! Can I just say I am totally in love with this outfit. I have been what I want to wear for the first day of school and well this is it!! I might be sneaking into your place to steal it!! It's just so perfect!! I am off to go read the interview!
-jenloveskev

Jennifer said...

*thinking of what I want to wear...
-jenlovekev

Orchid Grey said...

@ Dana: thank you! I appreciate the comment!

@ Pretty Neat: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Jennifer: haha, I'm glad you liked my outfit! I JUST bought the skirt from the F21 website so it's probably still available!

Jenna and Maura said...

The skirt and the skyline shirt are so adorable! And we'd love to be added to your blog roll (we're already avid followers of your blog)! :-)

Orchid Grey said...

thank you and I've just added you!

Meli22 said...

I have become your newest follower ;) I discovered you via ThisTimeTomorrow and I wish I had come across you earlier! ; )

Diana said...

Hi, I found your blog through ThisTimeTomorrow. I love this monochromatic outfit, and the skyline blouse is absolutely gorgeous

Mars said...

love this outfit :D! the colors are wonderful, and it's so unique!

Raji said...

You have the most amazingg style
I love this outfit, its gorgeous

Great blog :)

Orchid Grey said...

@ Meli22: Thank you for following!

@ Diana: Thank YOu!

@Mars: thank you! did you see I made the studded flats?

@Raji: Thank you so much!

Leproust Vintage said...

I read your interview on This Time Tomorrow and loved it!! Great answers!

I added you to my blogroll! :)

Orchid Grey said...

thanks!

theowlsarenotwhattheyseem said...

oohh i really LOVE your blue-toned outfit today! that silk blouse is amazing, and i love the bright blue tights with it! ~joelle

Orchid Grey said...

thank you!

E said...

Congratulations! You totally deserve it! I'm DYING over that gorgeous blouse!

Erin Cathleen said...

I'm so excited to find your blog; I actually found it through This Time Tomorrow. :) Great feature! I really like your style (I feel like I've got style ADD, too!), and you're a fellow New England blogger (I live south of Boston but went to college at a teeny liberal arts school north of Boston!)... so, of course I'm adding you to my blogroll. :)

chicfaced said...

your blog is adorable--just discovered it! and added you! and that blue looks great on you :)

www.chicfaced.com

Orchid Grey said...

@E: Thank you so much!

@ Erin: Yeah, boston bloggers!

@ChicFaced: thank you!

Clare said...

Seriously amazing shirt. You look fantastic!!

Linda said...

lets trade links...

http://www.strugglesofacreativemind.blogspot.com/

Orchid Grey said...

Linda, done and done!

Waagella said...

hello! I just discovered your blog from a link on WhatIWore, and I love it! Your style is fresh yet classic, therefore totally inspiring to me. My blog is an infant, but soon I hope to have streetstyle shots up from Seoul. Would you mind adding me? I'm hoping to start existing in the blogosphere soon :)

waagella.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!