Thursday, September 17, 2015

So Long, Summer

 photo vscocam-photo-5_zpsejetefv7.jpg
 photo vscocam-photo-1 1_zpsqub6sioi.jpg
 photo vscocam-photo-4_zpsrtso0ko7.jpg
 photo vscocam-photo-3_zps0mii2eze.jpg
 photo vscocam-photo-2 1_zpss1vyqbke.jpg
 photo vscocam-photo-1_zpsvwubly3n.jpg

Rational thought would lead you to believe that when two bloggers get together, something blog-related might happen. Outfit photos, an Instagram-worthy brunch (mimosas would surely be involved). Hell, at the very least a Snapchat. But in my world that is very rarely the case. Besides the fact that I abhor both mimosas and Snapchat (give me coffee and Instagram), the friendships I've made through blogging have always been exactly that: Friendships. My interactions wine-soaked evenings with a couple of good friends are rarely front page news. And so, despite knowing one another for years and having our fair share of wine and cheese-fueled afternoons, somehow this was the first time that Ashley and I ever thought to take photos together. The weekend before she up and moved to Maine. Figures.

In other news, this is the dress (shirt?) I've been living in all summer. It makes me feel as though I should be on a cruise ship holding a margarita and about 35 years older than I am. In other words, it's perfect. So long, summer... from here on out it's decorative gourd season, motherfuckers.

Get the look: Mexicali Blues dress (similar) //  FP necklace // ankle wrap sandal // similar ring // sunglasses

 photo vscocam-photo-2_zpslujhkcgc.jpg


Veronika, By The Shore said...

Haha "Welcome to autumn, fuckheads" just made me laugh & laugh -- so good! And yes, that dress, all kinds of perfect!! xo

Mexicali Blues said...

Love love LOVE the way you're rocking that tunic dress! We adore your style!

Liz Lauren said...

love this dress

Abby Jones said...

I love the shape of that dress/shirt combo!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress and what you did with your hair here! Tutorial perhaps?

DeeJ said...

I second hair tutorial request! I loooove your style

Genevieve said...

I keep coming back to this dress again and again. Love everything about this post.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!