Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Worn: Final Days Of Summer

 photo OG_JulieSharp_August1-3_zps555c1a0e.jpg
 photo OG_JulieSharp_August1-1_zpsa7505667.jpg
 photo OG_JulieSharp_August1-2_zps16470f53.jpg
 photo OG_JulieSharp_August1-4_zps62dbba6c.jpg
 photo OG_JulieSharp_August1-5_zpsebf573e8.jpg
It could be easy to complain about the brutally hot day forcasted for today, but I know it's summer's last gasp. The air -- and more importantly our apartment -- has finally cooled a bit, especially in the mornings and evenings and I'm so happy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a nice cool weekend so I can finally finish unpacking.

Another upside of this suddenly cooler weather? I can wear one of my favorite combinations: Shorts and a sweater or sweatshirt. I don't know what makes it so cozy, but there's just something about wearing the layers up top and having your legs free. The best.

Get the look: Sweater, shorts, & jewelry: vintage and/or thrifted, Birkenstock sandals

9 comments:

Liz Lauren said...

love the look


http://hashtagliz.com

Jeanne said...

Adorable earrings!
XO
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

The Suburb Experiment said...

It's my favorite combo, too. And moving to Alaska has given me ample opportunity to wear it . :) I love your whole look!

By The Shore, Life + Style said...

Dying over this outfit. So, so damn beautiful! And yes, it has finally cooled down for us too, admittedly I'm sad to see summer go. But fall, and layers will make up for it! ;)

The slow pace said...

I love this kind of transitional weather... the best to créate new outfits!
xx,
E.
www.theslowpace.com

Brianna Mestre said...

Those earrings are fantastic!

Ripped Jeans

Jill Smith Art said...

We have had two days of summer weather, the worst ever. The sun would come out for half hour early morning then it would go dull and grey. So my new summer clothes were not worn and l said same last year. Well charities will do well again. Can you send me a bottle of your last of summer sun lol

Alison Colby said...

That's one of my favorite transitional looks too - shorts and a sweater. Bonus if it's crocheted and shows a little bit of your bikini top - like yours! :)

XO Alison
www.looksharplansing.com

Nikki Williams said...

love your ponytail! so simple but so pretty!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dream-in-neon.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!