Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hushed Tones

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June252014-2_zpse098d5ce.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June252014-3_zps682277a5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June252014-4_zpsd7f229f0.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June252014-5_zps85f7f76e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June252014-6_zps29647527.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_June252014-1_zps24728b4d.jpg

I'm going through one of those times where everything is changing all at once, and I'm doing the best I can to hold on and hope for the best. Life is exciting right now, but also maybe a little terrifying. Some of these changes are small -- I'm feeling the need to figure out something with my hair, I've been purging my closet and being very honest with myself when it comes to my clothes and style -- and some of these changes are much, much bigger. A little shake-up is good every now and then though.

On a lighter note, I attended a clothing swap with the Steel City Swappers a few weeks ago, and snagged this sweet little skirt. I miss my days of giant clothing swaps, swapping is such a great way to refresh your closet and get inspiration, I'm so happy I was able to connect with this group of rad women when we moved here. If you're in Pittsburgh and interested in attending the next one, let me know! Also, let it be added to the record that these heels are uncommonly comfortable. Usually I'm hating life by the time I get home from work after a day wearing heels, but miraculously I was still going strong in these at 7pm. 

Get the look: Jacket: Vintage (similar) // Top: Lulu's (c/o, similar) // Skirt: Swapped (similar) // Heels: Call It Spring (c/o) // Bracelet: Studebaker Metals // Necklaces: Vintage/various // Bra: AA // Sunglasses: Missguided (c/o)

8 comments:

Charlotte Lewis said...

LOVE the floral skirt and the green shirt together <3 xx

www.lurchhoundloves.com

By The Shore, Life + Style said...

I seem to be going through a lot of change myself lately. Most of it's self-induced and it's definitley scary not knowing where things will land. All the best with your changes + can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds exciting too! And yes, to swaps and that gorgeous skirt!! <3

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Oh so cute!
I love everything about this look!
Those shoes are amazing and I love that button up layered over everything!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Check out my new online boutique!!
Wanderlust Boutique

Alison Colby said...

Loving this look, Julie! Those sandals are to die for! Any chance there will be a Steel City Swappers meet during the weekend of July 19th/20th? It's my birthday weekend (30!!!) and I'll be spending it in Pittsburgh with family. Would love to make it out if there's one going on - and meet up with you if you'll be there again!

XO Alison
looksharplansing.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

This outfit is so wonderful. I think I say this every time I comment but your style is seriously always so spot on! Hopefully all the changes happening are doable and not too stressful.

Kate said...

The skirt is lovely. Just wondering, how does one get involved with Steel City Swappers?

The Littlest Smitten said...

Love this outfit! I love pairing tees with floral. And those shoes!

katherine koren said...

This outfit is great. And that skirt, ughh, too cute.
-k
Prim & Pattern

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!