Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ice Blue

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-2_zpse15dbdd3.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-6_zpsa46ac6a4.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-7_zpsabe447e2.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-5_zps6982c65e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-4_zps2c338fdf.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-3_zps05f130f7.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_March132014-1_zps908abd51.jpg

It's back to being frigidly cold, it was spitting snow and so windy when we took these pictures. But! It's now light enough outside after work to take pictures when I get home, so that's a nice feeling. These last few weeks of winter have found me completely unmotivated to get dressed in the morning. I'm feeling so over tights right now, the sheer thought of putting on the same tired old pair of black tights just feels...tragic. It would help if I just bought myself a new pair. But I refuse. It'll be warm again soon, right? Are you sick of hearing me harp about the weather yet?

Yesterday though, it was pouring sheets of rain that was expected to turn to snow (it did). And cold. Which meant I needed to be strategic with what I put on my body: these boots, because I left my rain boots at work (smart!). Hair in a "bun" (not really but ok), because rain. Layers and layers of shirts and jackets, because if you put enough clothes on your body, it constitutes an outfit, right? Sure.

Remarkably, I felt great. To be honest, I really haven't been feeling so fabulous lately. It could be my wait-till-the-last-minute-to-get-dressed-who-needs-makeup routine, or just the dregs of a dark season, but I needed a lift. This evening I'm going in for a haircut, which I know will make me feel better. I know I sound like a cliche, but sometimes a little hair and makeup really do make a big difference (and for the record, I'm obsessed with these Revlon matte balms).

Also, someone lost their Sega manual.

Wearing: Jacket: old Forever 21 // Flannel: Thrifted // Top c/o Lulu's (similar) // Belt: Thrifted (similar)// Jeans: Cheap Monday (find 'em here) // Boots: Frye via swap (similar)// Earrings: Vintage (similar)// Ring: Urban Outfitters // On my lips: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless mixed with .99 cent black drugstore lipstick from Halloween


Caitlin said...

I love that lipstick! This is such a great color scheme for a rainy March day. This is one of the best OOTD posts I've seen on the internet in months.

Emily Baker said...

love this outfit! i know, when I woke up this morning to snow, i wanted to hermit in my room and never come out. plus i have a cold. LOVELY. definitely wanna try that revlon!

iris said...

This is a really lovely outfit!
I hear you on the not-feeling-fabulous. I had to buy a pair of skinny jeans (in a new size) yesterday, because I'm tired of feeling so frumpy in my 4 year old pants while dealing with work-stress and still needing to shed extra-Xmas weight. Blah. One thing at a time.

Rachel said...

Love love love that lipstick!

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

you look SO amazing! that lip color looks gorgeous on you!

Jenna Condon said...

absolutely beautiful :) I love your hair that way

check my blog out,

Gwen said...

These photos are so gorgeous! I know what you mean about not feeling like running out and taking photos these days, but I'm glad you did. The whole outfit is super pretty, but I think my favourite thing has to be that lipstic. It's just so damn chic!

Sasa Zoe said...

Really love the ice blue color:)

New on

Bea said...

Remember when we worked the auction together and "someone left their hair" on the table? So funny to think that we hardly knew each other. xo.

Laura Whitman said...

You look so great - I love that lipstick color, it is so elegant! Spring seems to be coming soon!


Anonymous said...

so over tights right now ...which I must admit after looking at your photos [your face ,] surprises me , you look like the very typical Black opaque Tights wearing girl ..the sort of girl who wears Thick Black Tights of 200 denier with everything , every day , I can imagine you wearing a long Black or slate grey maxi skirt over Thick Opaque 200 Denier Black Tights with ballet pumps ..charlotte

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't mean a Long Maxi skirt as everyday wear have good legs ..I can see you in a short A-line flowery dress ..with Black Opaque Tights ..charlotte

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!