Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sanforized (Or: All I Ever Want to Wear Are Jumpsuits)

 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-4_zps91e3e2ed.jpg
 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-7_zpsac42cc26.jpg
 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-3_zpsb98e6147.jpg
 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-2_zps99d8cf9c.jpg
 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-5_zps2234a113.jpg
 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-6_zps8b2e7137.jpg
 photo JOB_OrchidGrey_January282014-1_zps1f576940.jpg
These overalls have been collecting dust for three years beneath the bed, a solution for exactly how to style them remained elusive until recently, despite my best efforts. Are overalls even still a 'thing' anymore? Here's hoping. If not, I don't care, I'm happy to channel the OshKosh brigade for a little while longer, because I really liked this outfit. Sanforized is apparently something special in the exciting world of denim, according to Chris. I'm just happy to have found a pair that fits. Next on my list: coveralls. I used to have a pair that I would paint in, and I have no idea what happened to them.

In other news: I turned 30 yesterday and celebrated with homemade cupcakes that I can't stop talking about (I knew Chris could cook, but the man can bake too), and a day of thrift shopping. Which doesn't sound too imaginative, I know, but after a very full weekend, a lazy day was much needed. Our original plan was to go snowshoeing, but it's just too damn cold.

Wearing: Overalls: Sanforized, thrifted (similar 1 & similar 2) // Top: Zara (similar) // Boots: Samantha Pleet for Wolverine 1000 Mile (on sale here) // Scarf: Gap // Coat: J.Crew // Rings: Shop Bueno & c/oShopDixi // Necklaces: MooreaSeal & Black Sparrow

20 comments:

Emily Baker said...

oh i think overalls are definitely still around. i've been wearing mine almost daily!! happy birthday, girl!!

veronika girlandcloset said...

Your b-day celebration sounds perfectly lovely to me. And I'm jealous Chris is such a rock-star baker - those cupcakes sound like they were insanely fabulous!! And this outfit? SO fantastic. Honestly, you did a brilliant job styling your overalls. And I'm all for the OshKosh brigade! ;) xoxo

By The Shore, a life + style blog

Amanda said...

Sounds like such a nice relaxing birthday. And oh my word those overalls look so amazing, I am absurdly happy that they are coming back in to style because I have so many pairs from my youth that still fit just sitting in my closet hehe. Happy belated birthday lady!

Carrie said...

Happy belated birthday! I think spending the day thrifting is the perfect way to celebrate a birthday. Hope you scored lots of goodies! :)

Laura Neal said...

Happy 30th Year Julie! That sounds like a lovely way to celebrate the start of a new decade- cake, clothes and loved ones :)
You look fricking perfect in these. I am still hunting for a pair of overalls that don't make me look like I'm smuggling potatoes inside it. A denim and stripe overall combo is forever good
xxx
Chambray & Curls

Kasia Waissmann said...

Happy Birthday Julie!
I couldn't think of a better way to spend a birthday, did you find some amazing scores thrifting? I feel like you get special birthday super powers at the thrift store, I always end up finding that one piece that has forever been on my list yet alluded me the rest of the year.
Either way, this outfit is super cute, looks like I have to had Sanforized overalls to my thrift wish list!
xx

The Littlest Smitten said...

Love these overalls on you! Happy Be-lated Birthday!

Maddie Toy said...

i love your boots!
xo,
maddie

http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

Mackenzie said...

I love this outfit!! I've been wanting a pair of overalls forever but I'm too scared, haha. But I did recently do a blog post of my roommate wearing overalls and she took the same route as you-- long sleeved stripes underneath!!

Mackenzie
www.heybirdfriend.com

Kate @ GreatestEscapist.com said...

HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS PRETTY/FASHIONABLE THING? For real, love all of this.

myedit said...

I'm still waiting to find my perfect pair of overalls... It's wedgie city over here. Love your slouchy pair!

Lindsey D. said...

There's something about this look that makes me think of books I read as a child.

Halfway Heroine

Georgia Milton said...

Happy belated birthday! I love your boots!

Domestic cleaning London

Andrea Kerbuski said...

happy late birthday! I love overalls on you and with the striped cropped top and red boots..this is absolutely perfect. You look beautiful, hope you had a great birthday!

Michelle // Aliya and Lucas Vintage said...

happy birthday!! sounds like the perfect way to spend a b-day to me! wish I could pull off the overalls, but I wore them so much when I was pregnant, that I just can't do them anymore, too bad cause they are so comfy!

jenvegas said...

Happy birthday lovely lady! <3

jenvegas said...

Happy birthday lovely lady! <3

Laura Whitman said...

oh my word, you look so adorable! You can really rock those overalls. And those boots are so awesome! I hope that you had a lovely birthday, lady.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Ginny said...

Love the combination of the stripped crop with the overalls! The cropped shirt really helps make the overalls more modern.

Niels said...

you look so fantastic in these overalls, having just the right size and texture to feel comfortable ! I'm wearing overalls all the time overall and now, guess what, both my wife and I have got a pair of Dickies lined overalls and are so happy to get out in our garden in coveralls, being able to have fun and do work no matter what kind of weather it is, and happy birthday sure, overall greetings Niels

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!