Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Final Days of Fall

 photo OrchidGrey_December22013-3_zpsc667d62b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December22013-1_zps71931cc8.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December22013-4_zpsed9954f3.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December22013-5_zpse745f1fd.jpg
This foliage is long gone, replaced with grey skies and bare trees. Foliage season in Pittsburgh is short, but lovely, though I have to admit to liking this time of year just as much. On this particular day, Chris and I walked down to the East End Book Exchange for our friend Bess' pop-up shop (a Red Pop Shop Pop-Up Shop?). I love living in proximity to stuff again, to be able to walk places again after living in a fairly removed neighborhood, something I completely took for granted when we were living in Massachusetts.

I've been wearing this sweater non-stop lately. It's so warm! Pullovers, beanies, and boots -- those are my wardrobe staples these days. Big surprise, right?

What I wore:
Coat: J.Crew (2011)
Sweater: Thrifted
Shorts: Thrifted & chopped Levi's
Tights: AA Super Opaque
Hat: Target
Bag: Thrifted/ Vintage Coach
Bracelet & midi ring c/o Lulu's


Julie Smith said...

You look really cool! Love your outfit!
The Lady Fairer

madison said...

i LOVE those boots!


★ Nina Saiful said...

sweater weather? hahah! i love your boots!


Jennifer said...

Your lipstick color is stunning on you!

xo Jennifer


Leah Clark said...

I love this look! Those shorts with that sweater is perfection.
Leah Faye
a clover & a bee

Jenna Condon said...

Oh my goodness, I love how you paired It with those tights


Tania Franco said...

The boots are amazing, well styled. :))


Jayme said...

… so very stylish, I love the look…..it is so chic….. the lovely shorts and that adorable sweater..…love you in the black tights and those fabulous boots ……… I have worn shorts or big shirts and sweaters with tights on campus all fall…… obviously like you….we are both comfortable in tights Love your lipstick....and your lovely smile
… you certainly make a beautiful statement….. and you are so very pretty……..you have beautiful hair too……it is so perfect on you….. I’ve had long hair all my life …
those poses are so fun too.......wow....you move like a dancer........
I grew up in tights, being in ballet for 13 years. In fact, mom raised me rather androgynously, so I also wore tights under big sweaters and hip length tunics and such around the house growing up. Your lovely look reminds me of all those days….epsecially when the delivery man would come and I’d meet him at the door and he’s refer to me as Miss……
Oh, by the way, I’m a guy…and I love fashion as much as I love dance.
I traveled in Europe this past fall,
It looks like you have the same affinity for tights as I have…..
I’ve been raving to my new friends about how much I love the tights/shorts look, so they encouraged me to try it myself…
and I have in a big way,….. denim cutoffs, high waisted shorts, even a romper…….
I will following your blog religiously….. thanks for sharing your lovely taste and your beauty

Connie said...

Love this outfit to pieces!
xo, Connie

17 beats. said...

love the dark lip and R&R boots coupled with the fisherman's sweater. great look !

Anonymous said...

You need to wear those Tights again !! Charlotte ..ps I am a woman

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!