Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dusk

 photo OrchidGrey_November272013-6_zpsa27f6654.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November272013-4_zpsdee3df0a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November272013-5_zpsdb686eb1.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November272013-3_zps94faf343.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November272013-2_zpsfd17f942.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November272013-1_zps4da79d3c.jpg

This past weekend, between planning a Love Actually potluck (for the uninitiated, that's a potluck where you wear turtlenecks and watch Love Actually -- it's alarming how many turtlenecks are in that movie) and picking up Thanksgiving supplies, Chris and I did a little thrifting. And I bought yet another coat. Since moving to Pittsburgh my winter coat collection has grown to mammoth proportions, which -- let's be real here -- I think has more to do with the stellar quality of Pennsylvania thrift stores and less to do with moving to Pittsburgh. I'm a sucker for a giant lapel and menswear-style silhouette, what can I say? It doesn't hurt that the plaid is the prettiest, there are giant pockets, and this coat is more like a giant blanket. Win, win, and win.

I've been sort of living in variations of this outfit lately -- fluffy sweater, black jeans, big coat, and lots of rings. It's easy to throw on before rushing out to work in the morning (or rushing out to brunch on the weekends).

Are you excited for Thanksgiving? We're spending it at our place, cooking food and maybe heading out for an easy hike. Thanksgiving is a far more relaxed affair since moving far away from family, and I'm looking forward to having the holiday as an excuse to not work, and instead relax, nap, eat, and watch movies.

What I wore:
Coat: Vintage/Thrifted
Sweater & Jeans: H&M
Hat: Target
Boots c/o ShoeMint
Rings (left) c/o Dixi
'Wife' ring: Bueno Bueno
Heart ring: Catbird

7 comments:

Carelia Moran said...

Oh, I like your coat and beanie!! great combo.


Rain? No problem!!! new post in the blog.
Mysmallwardrobe.com

nicola lynde said...

I haven't been by in awhile but wanted to say your hair looks amazing! I love the new length. I took similar length chopping measures last year and love it so I hope you feel the same!

angelaremondi said...

Love this outfit! And your hair is so pretty at this length!!

xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

Rebekah said...

Haha, a Love Actually potluck with turtlenecks. I love that idea. Too bad I only have one friend who loves the movie as much as I do.

Bri said...

Love Actually party?!? That's GENIUS. Totally stealing that idea. And that coat is awesome. I moved from California to Washington a few years ago and it's sad how my sandals & sunglasses have been pushed out of my wardrobe by coats & boots. So I totally feel ya there.

<3 Bri {comfyncurrent.blogspot.com}

Tania Franco said...

Great look, you know how to blend different colors and textures well.

Hugs,
Tania

Laura Whitman said...

Ummm - the Love Actually party is kind of the best idea ever! Love that movie!

Also, I'm loving that coat - it looks so amazing on you! And you are so right about PA thrift stores - definitely the best. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!