Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Few Days in NYC

 photo OrchidGrey_November052013-2_zpsfc767377.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November052013-5_zps39ad54fd.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November052013-4_zps5f8730ba.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November052013-3_zps2407fb30.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_November052013-1_zps91b3774c.jpg
What I wore:
Army jacket: Vintage (similar)
Pink Sweater: H&M - last year (similar)
Skirt: American Apparel
Sneakers: Aldo
Arizona Bag c/o Bali ELF
Necklaces: Black Sparrow and Charming Charlie 

A few weeks ago I took off to NYC with a few coworkers to cover the Lucky FABB conference for work. Between panel discussions and shooting street style, there wasn't much time to explore. But, with a few hours to kill before my departure flight on Saturday, I set off on a photo-walk (which, admittedly, turned into a shopping expedition), before stopping in to a brunch held by Seychelles. I ended up all the way up by the MoMa, so decided to stop in, where a very kind woman gave me a free ticket! While there, I found out two friends from up North were in town, and was able to grab lunch before winding my way back to the hotel. I originally had plans for those few empty hours, but they all fell through, leaving a wide expanse of time open and free for just me. While at times this sort of shift in my schedule can cause me to feel anxiety, on this particular day, I welcomed the opportunity to be free from schedules, my only obligation was to be at JFK in time for my flight.

I ordered these sneakers specifically for this trip, after seeing them on Holly's Instagram. The sneaker trend of this past year is absolutely something I can get behind, and something that my poor, terrible knees certainly appreciate.
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-1_zps4b68beb7.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-2_zps1e539ea2.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-6_zpsc3f55552.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-7_zps2aae25dc.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-5_zpsf7f7dd27.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-4_zpsefae26da.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JSharp_NYCOct312013-3_zps3bfd7471.jpg


Josephine Choo said...

beautiful photos!! love your sweater..so girlish!

xo josephine

jessthetics said...

This outfit is gorgeous, I love your skirt and your cropped jumper. You look cosy and chic :) I'm jealous of your new york visit - your photos are awesome! xx

Peggy said...

I love your photos and sneakers!
You were in my neighborhood. If I saw you I would have said hi! :)

Erin Thomas said...

I love your new hair! You're lookin' quite babely in these photos! xoxo

The Littlest Smitten said...

Cute outfit and perfect for exploring walking around. This post made me miss the city!

Leslie: DowntownHaute said...

The leopard print slip-ons are so cute!



Jennifer said...

Aw I miss NYC! And you are working your new hair cut!

xo Jennifer


Sandra said...

love every piece of your outfit! the color combo is just wow! and those sneakers top it off nicely

Tania Franco said...

Cute outfit, love the the shoes and purse!


Gwen said...

Olive green, pale pink and burgundy - prettiest colour combination ever! And how awesome is it to have a tagged New York wall as your backdrop? Most of all, I love those sneakers on you - and I agree, sneakers and flats are a trend I wanna get behind too, I'm terrified of walking along the horrible pavements in London in my heels!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!