Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Big Bold

 photo OrchidGrey_Sept32013-6_zps315404df.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept32013-1_zps1c3b533a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept32013-2_zpsa0c5541d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept32013-3_zps959a15b1.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept32013-5_zps411f6bdb.jpg
What I wore:
Tee: ModCloth
Pants: Vintage/Thrifted
Heels c/o Lulu's
Gold cuff & chain bracelet: Thrifted
Earrings: Sarah Safevi (c/o 2011)
Evil eye bracelet c/o Lulu's

I wore this to get back to work

To my surprise, I didn't do too much shopping in San Francisco (remember I went there? Yeah, me neither). Besides picking up a few special things for Chris from Unionmade, these extremely loud pants were one of two thrifted items I brought back for myself. I didn't even really plan to thrift while I was there, mostly due to a warning of bedbugs from a friend who lives in the city. Just the thought of bedbugs is enough to scare me off, but while out and about with a free Saturday in SF, I found myself quickly browsing the racks of a thrift on Valencia street. And these bright beauties were just sitting there at the end of a rack, in what I presumed to be my size. Four bucks later, they were mine. And I have no regrets.

In other news, happy September! Here's hoping it's a little more low-key than August.


jessthetics said...

Your trousers are AMAZING! What a great find, and I love your shoes :) xx

Angela Bowron said...

I never turn a loud pant print down! My friends and I call these Kenya pants- nicknamed after a volunteer trip to Kenya. These are all kinds of awesome.

Mandy said...

This outfit is perfect. I miss you.

Josephine Choo said...

Perfect outfit for summer!! And you looked amazing!xo

Sammi said...

Those pants are truly awesome. You look fabulous!

xox Sammi

myedit said...

Love the pants!!! make it werk!!!

Nonee said...

Oh man! Those pants are so totally rad! Love them...and how you wore them!

Michelle | said...

Omfg these pants. They're so so good. You look amazing! :')

I thrifted a sort of similar pair with a loud, blue floral print, but I haven't quite figured out how to rock them yet. They're hilarious and so comfy, so I'm determined to make 'em werk!

Jennifer said...

Loving that tee!

xo Jennifer

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Awesome pants! I love bold pieces like that. Talk of bed bugs would definitely sketch me out...haha.

Valentina Duracinsky said...


Valentina Duracinsky Blog
-- Facebook Page

Laura said...

those pants are pretty awesome - the pattern is so funky! For $4, those are a pretty awesome score! Oh goodness, I don't even want to think about bedbugs. *shiver*


Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!