Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Little Glitter

 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-1_zps5bdcf233.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-3_zps7232ce8f.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-2_zps20f5c212.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-7_zpsc1aa47bf.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-5_zps1414bb6b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-4_zpsa613d1f0.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept112013-6_zpsd4aaea17.jpg
What I wore:
Jacket: Estate Sale (similar)
Sweatshirt: Cheap Monday/ Gabriel Brothers (similar)
Skirt: Thrifted (similar)
Hat: Thrifted
Heels c/o Lulu's

I wore this to change things up

Sequined. Hat. Of course it came home with me from Texas, where I found it, languishing on a thrift store rack. Just asking for a home. I basically turned into that little heart-eyed cat emoji -- as I often do while thrifting -- when I saw it. Seduced by the irresistible combination of sequins, animal print, and lots of beads. Three dollars later, it was mine forever.

To, know you, highlight the majesty sitting atop my head, I kept the rest of my look super simple color-wise.

10 comments:

Gwen said...

I love this! It reminds me of Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but totally in a good way! :) Hillary and Will would fight over this cap. ;)

Modern Girl Blitz said...

You look so badass! In the best way possible, of course.

amandromeda said...

dammit julie. you are so freakin awesome. i always think i have a fave julie outfit and then you do this. perfect :)

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

ummm this is AMAZING.

Michelle said...

Omg this outfit is flawless! The exact thing I would love to wear! You look bangin' <3

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I get so much inspiration from the way you work leather into you looks. I just got a suede skirt thrifting a few weeks ago and I have lots of pairing ideas from this look from shoes to tops. Love it.

Jennifer said...

Totally 80s chic!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Rachel // Mousevox said...

What a great find! I'm loving this whole glorious 90s club kid meets disco power diva mash up.

Jamie said...

That hat is ahhh-mazing!

Kat Frazier said...

You have a cute blog and I like your fashion style! I also like the look of your blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!