Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sunstroke

 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-2_zpsd0172f63.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-7_zpsbf82638b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-3_zpsb1dec148.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-1_zpsfbf3483d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-4_zps7f6eba65.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-6_zpsc0ce6c16.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-5_zpsb7effc7e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August262013-8_zpsbe163123.jpg
photos kindly taken by Elizabeth
What I wore:
Pants: Vintage/Feathers Boutique
Sandals: Zara (similar)
Fringe Necklace: gift from Moorea
Other necklaces: Vintage/Various
Bracelets: Vintage & Thrifted
Sunglasses: store in Austin (similar)
 
I wore this to celebrate my last night in Texas

When a sports bra is this rad, it's just asking to be worn as a top. Right? Right? Part desire to show off the strappy detailing and mesh panels, part desperation to just get a little breeze, this outfit was the most comfortable thing I wore all weekend. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but that's fine, I like my tea particularly strong at times. After a long day of presentations and hot weather, it was a such relief to slip off my heels and put on something light and airy for the after party at Garridos.

A trip to Austin isn't complete without a trip to Feathers, easily the most lovely and well-curated vintage boutique I've ever stepped into. As if Debbie Harry, Chrissie Hynde, and Stevie Nicks had a love child. A really rad, occult-loving, guitar-playing love child. I picked up these super wide-leg palazzo pants and a pair of tie-dyed velvet shorts, which will be perfect for fall with a giant sweater.

21 comments:

Valentina Duracinsky said...

you look great!

Valentina
Valentina Duracinsky Blog
-- Facebook Page

Chaucee said...

Beautiful images! Love this location for a shoot and the light is stunning.

Bea said...

I love you so much! Tie-dyed velvet shorts?! Only you my dear. Xo. I love you.

Jasmine Jarvis said...

I love the way the gorgeous back of that shirt compliments your tattoos! It looks amazing.

-Jasmine

quirkishembrace.blogspot.com

Cara Howard said...

I LOVE your swallow tattoos so much.

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

Those pants are killer. And I LOVE the top/sports bra/whatever. My pregnant boobs are ridiculous and I can no longer wear anything like that, but next summer, watch out.

Ashley Elizabeth said...

These photos are just beautiful and I didn't even realize that was a sports bar until I read it! Well done!

Bethany M said...

You are so adorable! I love how your tattoos show with this shirt. :)

veronika girlandcloset said...

I LOVE this!! Your Austin outfits have been extra gorgeous, and I just love where your style is going Julie! Truly, your style is always so stunning & inspiring to me. I love seeing the kind of risks you take especially because you do it so effortlessly. And the back of that sports bra? So unbelievably fabulous!!

xo
By The Shore

Cassandra Too said...

I am in love with your pants and sunglasses! Great outfit! :D

Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


cassandra xx
http://backtofive.blogspot.com

FRUIT SKELETONS said...

love this!

Hanna Lee said...

An effortless, perfect summery outfit! Absolutely love ur tattoos on ur back ;)
www.speakstyleandrock.com

Geena Rose said...

wow that is a great sports bra!

www.thefancybear.etsy.com

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

These outfit photos are so stunning, I love the lighting! And your tattoos are super fab.

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Bostonista said...

If I had your tummy, I'd wear crop tops and sports bras as tops all the time. Literally every day. Maybe even in a snow storm.

Super cute and you look like you had an awesome time in Texas!

xo
Kara
www.thebostonista.com

Bostonista said...

PS: I didn't mean for that to be creepy I just wish I could rock a crop!

Laura Neal said...

Oh this is beautiful! I always wish I could carry off these sort of dreamy bohemian looks but you just kill it. :ove when you wear things that showcase your back tattoos too. Perfect
ccc

JennaStevie said...

You are rockin the sports bra as a top, I just thought it was a crop top to be honest. Love those pants too, looks incredibly comfortable in the heat!!
xJennaD

BuenoBueno said...

Love this look on you! The pants are OMG!!!! You are sizzling!
Xo
B

Kate Christine said...

dying over those pants!

Much love from,

StyleGodis

holly [at] covetous creatures said...

I absolutely love everything about this outfit. The bra works perfectly as top and certainly deserves to be shown off. Can't wait to see those velvet shorts!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!