Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Austin Ease

 photo OrchidGrey_August202013-5_zpsde92ff23.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August202013-1_zps961265bf.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August202013-3_zpsf3dfdb87.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August202013-2_zpsbf8f2429.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_August202013-4_zps862f37fa.jpg
 photos by Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky

What I wore:
Jeans: Vintage Levi's/Thrifted (similar)
Necklace: gift from (and made by) Moorea Seal

I wore this in Texas for the Minnetonka dinner & Lulu's swap

On my first night in Austin, I headed over to the Minnetonka dinner, hosted by Tieka. Along with a seemingly never-emptying wine glass (seriously, the guy was on it) and excellent food, we were able to preview the spring 2014 Minnetonka line. I've long been a fan of Minnetonka, so it was cool to see how the brand is evolving and interpreting current trends for 2014 (these classics are still my favorites though). It was the perfect way to ease into the weekend and catch up with all my favorite blog ladies before heading over to the craziness of the Lulu's swap (and boy, was it crazy). After attending and hosting plenty of swaps in the past, I was keeping my expectations in check, just in case I didn't find anything, and because they can get real, real fast. But as soon as I walked in, I snagged the vintage dress I had my eye on, and a super versatile striped midi-dress from Lulu's. I'm stoked, and they'll both be on the blog next week.
I must have jinxed myself when I packed so well for Timber, because man, my suitcase for Austin and San Fran was not a well-planned affair. Forgetting entirely that-- even though I'd be there for four days-- I'd need more than four outfits, I underestimated what I'd need. So I threw together items I knew had worked before: a super light top, vintage jeans, and a jacket (because, yes it's Austin and 100 degrees, but Austin also has AC. Super cold AC), and added this amazing patterned jacket from Lulu's and a necklace given to me by Moorea. I'll tell you right now, I didn't take this necklace off all weekend.

A very big 'Thank You' to Lulu's for providing me with some rad clothes to style for the weekend!

15 comments:

April Giannosa said...

I love this whole outfit! That jacket is beyond amazing...and can I just say that your tush looks awesome in dem jeans!!

April

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

wow!! you look SO amazing! those jeans fit you amazingly! and that jacket is just stunning!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Andrea Kerbuski said...

One of my favorite outfits! I love this so much, easy and beautiful. GIMME THAT HAIRRR.

Rachel @ The Daily Wild said...

I could not love this outfit more. Those jeans are sick.

Becca said...

That jacket is gorgeous and you are killing it in those jeans! If I had that necklace, I don't think I would ever take it off either!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog

veronika girlandcloset said...

This outfit is SO good, Julie. You always look so stunning and incredibly fashionable!! I'm dying over this outfit! And that necklace from Moorea?! What a fab piece. I'm currently eyeing several pieces from her shop!! Great to hear you had such a wonderful night too. Man, wish I could have been there!

xo
By The Shore

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

Gorgeous as always! LOVE the necklace.

Amanda said...

Oh my word this outfit is beyond fantastic. Julie, you seriously have the best style. I just love seeing all the outfits you come up with!

abbycake said...

That patterned jacket is amazing, I definitely spotted you wearing it during TxSC.
xx Abby | a geek tragedy

Valentina Duracinsky said...

awesome jacket!

Valentina
Valentina Duracinsky Blog
-- Facebook Page

Jennifer said...

Lulu's hooked you up in the best possible way!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Kara Tedder said...

This is one of my favorite outfits of yours!!! The jeans really complement your shape! Glad you have had a great time. Texas is wonderful.

Kate Christine said...

Great jacket!

Style Godis

amandromeda said...

you are such a rad vintage goddess. these jeans are the shit.

Laura Neal said...

Feeling a little bit creepy now because of how much I am commenting on your posts but seriously! You just look so incredible in every one. That jacket is the most beautiful thing and I love it with the denim and muscle tee. I have a bad case of wardrobe and attitude envy!
xxx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!