Tuesday, July 30, 2013


 photo OrchidGrey_July302013-5_zpsfaefb115.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July302013-1_zps10442a0a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July302013-6_zpsb40bc664.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July302013-3_zps780acb73.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July302013-4_zpsffd9fe07.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July302013-2_zpsfa55ea27.jpg
What I wore:
Purple bracelet: swapped
Bra: American Apparel cross-back bra

I wore this to: try something new

Well, one trip down, two more to go. I can honestly say that, with each trip I take to the Pacific Northwest, I fall a little more in love. This was my fourth time visiting Seattle (always for work, funnily enough), and I just want to turn around and go right back. I'll be sharing a few photos from my trip to Timber Fest next week, but this week I'm keeping it short and simple because life is crazy. My brother leaves this week for Oregon, and I can't wait to have him here in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night, he'll be the first of my family to visit us. Then, I'm off to Texas, and then on to San Francisco after that. And between now and then I have a presentation to make! Phew.

About this outfit though, I've been skeptical about the floral jeans trend, but this pair from Guess surprised me. The material is nice and stretchy and they keep their shape, which for me can be a denim deal breaker, I hate when jeans get knees. I love the pairing of purple and dark grey, perfect with a drapy top and minimal accessories.


Chloe, Wardrobe Quarry said...

When I saw the top photo I thought you had cut your hair! It actually looks super cute short. Love the jeans.

Wardrobe Quarry

Laura Neal said...

Man I love this. More and more of your outfits are making me desperately want to steal your wardrobe! You have the perfect eye for blending cutesy and tough. In love with how this tee shows off your tattoos at the back

Karli said...

You look gorgeous! Never mind the outfit, your hair is stunning!

Elliementary, My Dear said...

Great jeans! I love how you styled them with a casual top and heels. Can't wait to see your Seattle pics - I am also a big fan of the PNW.

Kelly said...

I'm with Chloe, I thought you had chopped your hair too!

I really love this top! And I'm never sure how to style something with an open back, and here you completely solved that riddle for me.

Mollie said...

Whoa, i'm digging that drapy top mixed with a criss cross bra in the back. Very sexy!

annachaase said...

Love the outfit! For a second I thought you chopped off your beautiful hair, then I scrolled down. Excited for TXSC in a few days!

antonia said...

i love everything about this look. A++++!

Becca said...

Your hair looks amazing here! Love the bold pattern on those pants!

Ladyface Blog

Kati said...

I also thought you'd cut your hair!
The trousers are so cute, you totally rock them!


The Braided Bandit said...

I love the tropical pants and you hair looks AMAZING here! Good luck getting everything done in the next few weeks!

xo Hannah

Sabrina said...

The back on this top is super amazing! And like everyone else above I thought you chopped off your hair. Part of me was sad as I have always had hair envy, but I also thought you that type of cut was super cute on you.

veronika girlandcloset said...

For a moment, I thought you cut your hair and was just about to comment on how great the cut was... I could totally see you in that length. Of course, your hair is awesome now too! ;)

And your jeans are fantastic. The pattern is pretty amazing and you couldn't have styled them better.

Yay, you were in Seattle that's pretty close to me. Gorgeous city, right?! And, enjoy Austin. I can't make it this year. SO bummed!! I'll be stalking everyone's twitter & instagram though!! xo

Natasha said...

I love that you tried something new! I have yet to try floral jeans...but I love your spin on the trend...every piece you paired them with is perfect!!

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

monica said...

I'm a total fan of print pants…Love these big flowers! :)
And you're so good at mixing them with a top I would never think of. Perfect.
Seattle is pretty special.
Hang in there with the craziness. :)

Alexandra Pettinato said...

Love this outfit. So casual/chic.

The floral print on the pants is great. Love the colour palette.

And those shoes! They're great :)

Alex from www.polkadottedpixels.com

Paula said...

I agree with Laura, the delicate florals look amazing with the edgy top. They balance each other out perfectly! xx

iris said...

Yeah, I lived in Seattle fro 12 weeks last summer and it is a pretty amazing place. And Olympic National Park? Dumbfoundingly gorgeous.

Angela said...

Can't wait to read about Texas! Your bracelet is cool, I'd love one in silver.

Aisha + Jake said...

So obsessed with your hair & that eye bracelet!




Valentina Duracinsky said...

love the tshirt!

Valentina Duracinsky Blog

TwoKids NYC said...

Love the graphic tee with the floral pants. Edgy and girly all at the same time! A favorite!

-Two Kids


Kate Christine said...

love those pants!

Style Godis