Tuesday, July 16, 2013


 photo OrchidGrey_July152013-2_zps32cfc141.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July152013-5_zpsfeedc6d2.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July152013-4_zps4a70abdf.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July152013-3_zps60c2447b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July152013-1_zps346172db.jpg
What I wore:
Jumper: Nasty Gal ($48 sale)
Top: ModCloth (last year)
Shoes: Avalon Exc./Bally ($30)
Necklace: Spotted Moth ($25 sale)
Bracelet c/o Lulu's
Bag: Thrifted/Vintage coach (old)

I wore this to: keep cool

Despite the fact that the weather has been nearly unbearably hot the past few days, my brain is in fall mode. A weird side effect of working in retail/e-commerce: I'm nearly always thinking a season ahead. Already I'm seeing holiday dresses pass over my desk, so it's near impossible to not be thinking about my autumn wardrobe right around now. Which is where this little jumper comes in. I've been iffy about the whole overall/jumper trend, mostly because I really hadn't seen anything that really caught my eye, but I love the pared-down simplicity of this denim jumper from Nasty Gal. Easy enough to throw on with a breezy top now, and even cuter with tights and loafers or ankle boots this fall. Are there any trends that you're excited about styling for fall?


monica said...

I think its adorable, and I just LOVE the thought of having to look at fall and holiday pieces every day. I'm such a lover of fall--it's what I miss most here in Hawaii. :)
Jumpers are awesome, and bring back such happy memories of childhood. I'll be following to see which ones are actually styling right now. :)

Valentina Duracinsky said...

How lovely! love love love the shoes!

Valentina Duracinsky Blog

Emma Clark said...

Those shoes are totally awesome! And I agree with you about the jumpers... You definitely have to find the right one, or it's a disaster. However, I think you nailed it! This one is really cute. I think I'm most excited for blazers this fall. Not that they're necessarily a new trend, but I think this is finally the year that I'm going to get really into the blazer thing! Salvation Army, here I come!


Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

That lemon top is amazing, and I've been really nervous about buying a jumper without trying it on. You're braver than me! Plus it looks awesome on you.

Ashley Elizabeth said...

That jumper looks so cute on you!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Great outfit!!
I am in love with this jumper!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Rachel // Mousevox said...

I've been on the hunt for a denim overall jumper for weeks, but still haven't found my perfect fit/style. I have such a hard time with denim as it is and I don't want something too girly. Yours is great!

iris said...

Nothin' wrong with dressing a season ahead...until you're wearing a down coat in August in 90 degree weather. Ah, Pittsburgh seasons!

Elaine said...

that jumper is SO cute!

Sandra Quitzimouche said...

so cute! i'm totally on the same page about overalls, but jumper dresses with overalls accents are definitely way cooler/acceptable.

that lemon shirt is simply adorable!

we got a late summer here, so i've been in fall mode pretty much november to june ha ha

Jennifer said...

That jumper is so cute!

xo Jennifer


MarieBayArea said...

You're gorgeous! I just found your blog. I love your hair and your personal style. That little jumper looks so good on you.

obat benjolan di leher said...

nice photos, i like this, great !

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!