Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crisp and Clean

 photo OrchidGrey_July12013-7_zps19fa7c76.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July12013-2_zps06fa8492.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July12013-6_zps8ffd6426.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July12013-5_zpsfb0d32d6.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July12013-4_zpsbbc36c33.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July12013-3_zps583adb32.jpg
What I wore:
Jacket: ModCloth (find it here)
Dress: c/o Lulu's
Boots: Zara ($70)

I wore this to: feel a little more awake on a Monday

A jacket so nice, I bought it in white! Ha. I've been dog-tired lately, recovering from a few too many early mornings and late nights, and a move that pretty much destroyed us. The solution? Well, I don't really have one, other than making more of an attempt to get to bed early (seemingly impossible), but keeping things simple and bold outfit-wise certainly helps. Crisp colors and simple silhouettes.

As you'll soon find out by way of photographic evidence, I've been living in these sandal-bootie-things from Zara for the past week and a half. I've never been much of a Zara shopper, in fact everything I've previously bought from the retailer has been subsequently returned (for various reasons), but these, shoes? I'm really happy with these shoes.

ps- Lulu's is offering 15% off sitewide! Use code: happyJULY4th


Jul said...

You look gorgeous, Julie. I love everything from head to toe, and that lipstick looks great on you <3
My blog: Life Is A Romantic Poem

Jamie Rose said...

Very cute and summery! I love the color of your dress and your jacket is the coolest ever. It really adds such a neat edge to this outfit. I'm loving your shoes too.

Marta said...

Gorgeous dress and cool jacket!


Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

gorgeous dress and i love those shoes!


☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

i love those shoes! and this jacket in white looks great on you.

Alexandra Pettinato said...

Love the cobalt dress! And that jacket - fabulous. Great look, thanks for sharing.

Alex from www.polkadottedpixels.com

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

What a pretty silhouette for a dress! Sometimes simple is best. Take it easy!

Cassandra Too said...

The outfit is soooo cute! I really like your hairstyle and your shoes!

with love, Cassandra xx

Em said...

i love the braid :)) and your outfit screams chic and cool vibe!!
by the way, I'd like to invite you to join my giveaway. Maybe you'd like to join :)) I hope you do

fancyalterego said...

That jacket is amazing. It looks like something you could wear with pretty much everything. I kinda like it in white...especially for summer!

veronika girlandcloset said...

This is just beautiful, Julie. I love the dress, and the addition of the jacket - it's a fantastic touch! As for your Zara shoes?! Love'em. I recently purchased their studded t-strap sandals and have also been wearing mine non-stop. Glad to know I'm not the only one! ;) xo

Tabet said...

great outfit! :)
I made my hair the same way today!


Hanna Lee said...

Lovin' the hair & the dress!

Jennifer said...

Lulu's has the best summer dresses!

xo Jennifer


Emma said...

I love this look! That jacket really is lovely.

Rebecca said...

that jacket is too cool! i love it with that dress.
Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

muhammad kumail said...

Earn Money Launch a New Earning System on Facebook, the best Social Media Website where you can share some fun and earn with us, Share some pictures on Facebook and earn on every pictures you post or share. Unlimited Facebook Wall Sharing and Unlimited Earning.
Earn with Making Facebook Ids, Make Unlimited Facebook Ids and Get 10$ on Every FB Id.

Emma Clark said...

Hi! I'm a new reader. This jacket is totally the bomb! And as a fellow big-haired chick, I'm loving your mane of awesome hair. Great thrifted outfits, girl :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!