Wednesday, July 31, 2013


 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-4_zpsec85069c.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-7_zpsaf7c50cd.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-6_zps27c0cfef.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-5_zps6d82960b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-3_zps1e232814.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-2_zpsbc6c03ab.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July312013-1_zps434ccdce.jpg
What I wore:
Vest: Thrifted
Dress: Urban Outfitters (2009)
Circular "The Sun" necklace c/o Sisters of the Moon
Triangle necklace: gift
Purple necklace & bracelet: Swapped
Gold bracelet c/o Lulu's
I wore this to: Resurrect an old favorite

I bought this dress way back in 2009, while working in admissions, and at the time it felt extravagant and special. And you know what? It still feels special. What originally caught my eye still does: the flippy hem, embroidered neckline, and draped silhouette. My style has changed significantly since then, but there are those few pieces that have withstood the test of time, this being one of them.


Porcelain Eleanor said...

your hair is just perfect, and I absolutely love your boots and jewellery! I have a few pieces in my wardrobe that I've had for years too, they're always my favourites.
Eleanor x

Becca said...

I love this outfit! The dress is gorgeous, and I'm crazy about that beaded necklace- it reminds me of blackberries!

Ladyface Blog

Heather P. said...

Cool dress! Perfect for a hot summer day!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Great outfit!!
I am in love with those boots!!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Valentina Duracinsky said...

you look wonderful!

Valentina Duracinsky Blog

Ashley Elizabeth said...

For a quick second there I thought you chopped your hair off! Cute look!

Jamie Rose said...

This is just such a cool outfit. It makes me wish I had a denim vest! I love how it looks with your leopard print dress.

Enni P said...

For a second there I thought you had chopped your hair! I love your long hair but it looks wonderful either way. Wish I had locks like that...

Xx E

Jennifer said...

I remember almost buying this dress at UO back then too lol

xo Jennifer

April Giannosa said...

I love this whole outfit!! I have a credit to shoemint and thought about these boots! You totally make me want to get them!!


Kaye said...

I have to say, your hair inspires me. I have somewhat similar hair and find it overwhelming. You inspire me to keep working with it!

Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes said...

I absolutely love this outfit! Love the vest and shoes so much!

xo Ashley

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!