Thursday, June 20, 2013

Polyester Dreams

 photo OrchidGrey_June202013-1_zps62d3d158.jpg photo OrchidGrey_June202013-5_zps77b81034.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June202013-6_zpsecf6a162.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June202013-3_zpsa2aff350.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June202013-2_zps84ddbd88.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June202013-4_zps8ac573ce.jpg
What I wore:
Dress: Vintage/ thrifted ($2)
Necklace: Vintage/ Brimfield ($1)
Wedges & Bracelet c/o Lulu's

I wore this to: Work? The details are fuzzy.

What's this? An outfit post? Your eyes do not deceive. Truth be told, I have no idea when these photos were taken, could have been a month ago, could have been last week (I think it was last week). Life has been crazy, as I'm sure you can imagine, leaving little time for dressing up.

I've been favoring vintage and thrifted dresses and skirts these days, as I always have I guess. There's something so satisfying about a piece with history, a dress straight from it's era. While I usually look for pieces made of a more natural fibre, I instantly knew this polyester dress would fit well, despite the weird, unflattering faux-cami that used to lie behind the surplice neckline. The plus with polyester? It doesn't fray, so ridding this dress of it's ill-advised camisole lining was a simple snip away.

18 comments:

Megan Colwell said...

You are so very lovely. *Swoon* Adore those shoes.

The Nautical Owl Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Etsy

pearli said...

i have always had soft spot for vintage poly dresses & tops with their practically indestructible pretty prints.

Emily Baker said...

i am in desperate need of some vintage shopping. too much modcloth and such these days :}

Jennifer said...

Um, those shoes are all kinds of amazing! Yes, there are multiple kinds ;)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

That dress is perfect...I can't get over those shoes though...they are so incredible!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

astr!d said...

love love love that dress

Olivia said...

Two dollars for that dress?! Wow, I need to work on my bargain hunting skills--you look beautiful in it.

Valentina Duracinsky said...

How lovely!

Valentina
Valentina Duracinsky Blog

myedit said...

Shoes!!!! Meow!!! The rest is good too;)

caseable said...

The shoes! so good.

Hailey Cox said...

Love it! the shoes the hair the colors. Great outfit!

Ally said...

Great dress find, great shoes. You look fab!

SWF_Terra said...

It's so perfectly perfect. I love the cut. Wrap dresses from the 70s always seem to work. And polyester does have its place. :)

Velveteen Mint said...

Just lovely! I like how feminine that dress is and those wedges are killer!

Kristen said...

Love the way it has two prints - so cute! I have some polyester that frays like crazy, though - glad yours doesn't!

Carly Maddox said...

Love the mixture of colors and prints! Such a beautiful outfit!

xoxo,
A Walk in the Park

chrome full said...

I was about to say something on this topic. But now i can see that everything on this topic is very amazing and mind blowing, so i have nothing to say here. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Han Choe said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!