Thursday, June 27, 2013

Denim Dan

 photo OrchidGrey_June262013-2_zps2a032b66.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June262013-3_zps03facb8d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June262013-5_zps97fd41be.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June262013-1_zps082956b1.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_June262013-4_zps69bc9298.jpg
What I wore:
Top: J.Crew factory (old -- similar)
Jeans: Vintage/ Thrifted ($1)
Sandals: Marshalls ($25)
Bag: Bali ELF (c/o 2012)
Earrings: Sarah Safavi ($25 sale)
Bracelet: Thrifted ($7)
Knuckle ring c/o Lulu's
Flower ring: Shop in Beverly ($11)
Coral ring: Vintage ($6)

The full length photos of this outfit just didn't come out (I had my camera set incorrectly and a bad case of impatience), but I really wanted to show you these jeans that I found at the thrift store a few weeks ago, because they're amazing. It's not often that a pair of perfect 1970's jeans just shows up on the thrift racks, and even less of an occurrence to have them actually fit. As you can probably tell, I did have to take the hem down, but lucky for me the previous owner was shorter than I, so no raw edges, just a nice worn edge.

For their maiden voyage as part of my wardrobe, I paired these jeans with the-bag-that-holds-everything and more denim, in the form of this old and shreddy top from J.Crew. You can't tell, but this particular top boasts some pretty impressive (read: massive) holes in the armpits. I expect that the sleeves will eventually just fall off, but I'm allowing the progression to happen naturally. Let's just call it what it is: the slightly summery version of the Canadian tuxedo.

20 comments:

SoapiUk said...

What an amazing find!!! The flares look amazing! I have been looking for the perfect pair for ages, maybe I should browse a few more vintage shops. X

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Those jeans are so fab!! Love it :)

April Giannosa said...

LOVE those jeans! They look as if they were made for you...I know, I know, minus the hem thing though. I always have a hard time finding jeans that fit right, so when they are found it's a BIG deal!

April

wesothrifty.com said...

You have done Canadians everywhere proud with this salute to our national tuxedo. Those jeans are so good, it's bananas.

Valentina Duracinsky said...

very cool!!

Valentina

Shy said...

i noticed the same thing in my denim shirt today too. love a good canadian tuxedo outfit.

Jennifer said...

If we ever happen to be in the same city, we need to go on an epic thrifting trip!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Melissa said...

I love this outfit! Awesome jewelry, as well. x


Melissa
http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Alix Rose said...

$1 for those jeans - awesome!
I love thrifting, but I havent had a chance to go. I need to do it. Thanks for reminding me.

The Littlest Smitten said...

Julie those jeans are amazing! What a score. They look great on you.

Bostonista said...

You look like Daisy Duke! But from the 70s/80s not Jessica Simpson. Love it!

xo
Kara
www.thebostonista.com

Em said...

denim on denim! :) love it!
<3
www.loveandelegance.info

Em said...

denim on denim! :) love it!
<3
www.loveandelegance.info

Rachael // The Paraders said...

Those pockets! Pocket details are my favorite vintage details. :)

xx
Rachael from THE PARADERS

Kate @ SuburbanSweetheart.com said...

You always find the most incredible pieces...

Mariel said...

Hi Julie!! I just recently found your blog and I have totally fallen in love. I was in such a fashion rut, but your posts have given me oodles of inspiration! Thanks and keep up the great work :)

Mariel

Prettygreentea said...

I really like those earrings!

miss teacups said...

AS IF you paid $1 for those...I'm mad at you.


;)

Orchid Grey said...

@Miss Teacups- Happy to say that I did indeed- check out church basement thrift stores, they''re the cheapest. Look outside of the typical Salvos and Goodwills and you'll likely find some super cheap gems- like these jeans.

Meredith said...

whew boy! KILLER jeans!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!