Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog Better Boston With Lulu's: What I Wore

 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-2_zps265f9cca.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-6_zps05b816d3.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-5_zps834902b1.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-3_zps22b338e4.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-1_zps8d6fdce4.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-7_zps1fa264dc.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May12013-4_zpsd125aa38.jpg
 Photos taken by Tieka
What I wore:
Daisy ring: shop in Beverly ($11)
Vintage ring: antique store ($6)
Talon necklace: gift
Crystal & bird skull necklace: pieced together from other necklaces

I wore this to: Feel like myself again at Blog Better Boston

Sometimes, the thought of putting on a dress is exhausting, this wasn't always the case but I feel as though I've found a new appreciation for jeans over the past couple of years. This past Saturday, after a week of sickness, the Blog Better Boston event was my first chance to actually get dressed, and I chose jeans for the occasion. Granted, fancier jeans, but jeans nonetheless. And I felt fantastic.

After attending a handful of blog-centric conferences over the past few years, I've realized that it's incredibly important for me to feel comfortable and like myself at these events. It's already intimidating enough walking into a room full of incredibly stylish women, but coupled with the fact that many of them would be hearing my voice and witnessing me (and each other) in public- rather than online- for the first time, well the thought of that is enough to make me want to run for the hills. But I didn't, instead I chose an outfit that didn't take much fussing- the most comfortable heels, a loose tee, interesting jeans, and the coolest cape ever- so I could at least feel physically relaxed, if not exactly mentally.

And you know what? Nine-point-nine times out of ten, everyone is lovely, and welcoming, and interesting to talk to, and it's not until a few days later that I realize how truly wonderful it is to make connections with new people. 

A huge, never ending 'Thank You' to Lulu's for sending me to BBBos. Stay tuned for a full recap of the conference tomorrow!


Marta said...

Fab pictures! lovin these pants!

Megan Colwell said...

You are always amazing. Love that necklace layering!

Wanna follow each other?
The Nautical Owl

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Great post!!!
I love this may be jeans and T but it's dressed up so nicely!! I find being a blogger not only is it about dressing nicely...but a little different too..makes you stand out in a crowd which is just as important in my books! You look fantastic!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Kenzie Lee said...

It was so nice to meet you this weekend. I loved your session and you looked great!

X Kenzie

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

this is truly awesome. you should wear capes more often!

Monse Fuentes said...

you look amazing! i love it

El Blog de Monse
El Blog de Monse
El Blog de Monse

Star White said...

Lovin this long vest cover up! So fun!

Great look!


Heidi said...

Ahh! I love this cape, so pretty. xo Heidi

Ashley said...

I love absolutely everything about this: bohemian, comfy looking, and still chic! Love the necklace you pieced together and those jeans are amazing!

Jennifer said...

Loving this outfit Julie! It is very you and very chic!

xo Jennifer

an.perez said...

pretty lip color! What is it?

Orchid Grey said...

@an.perez: Thank you! I think I was wearing Coral Crush from Revlon- it looks good on everyone!

Bevin Valentine said...

How true it is that if you're wearing something you love and makes you feel confident you can come across as the best-dressed person in the room!


Janet Mandell said...

LOVE LOVE your hair so amazing!!!!

Great blog :)

Moorea Seal said...

I LOVE this outfit!
xo moorea

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!