Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hills and Valleys

 photo OrchidGrey_February132013-1_zpsf6baee46.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February132013-2_zps144b5375.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February132013-5_zps358a7823.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February132013-6_zps41e0a7ff.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February132013-4_zpsf0d4d850.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February132013-3_zps614a92c1.jpg
What I wore:
Coat: Gentle Fawn (from ModCloth, find it here)
Hat c/o Forest Lass
Top c/o Ever+Mi Crush
Dress: Vintage/ Beacon's Closet ($18)
Bag: Vintage Coach/ Thrifted ($5)
Tights: Free People ($9 sale- now $4.95- I recommend them and am wearing size m/l)
Shoes c/o Lulu's 
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)

Where I wore it: To the office

This dress is easily the most versatile thing in my closet these days, and lends itself well to tie-neck blouses. I like how the leather balances out the silky fabric of this shirt, and generally keeps everything from getting too sweet. Sweetness is not necessarily a bad thing, just something I've become more aware of as I get older. The temperature has dropped once again, making hats and coats necessary, I'm ok with it though. Spring will be here soon, and I have big plans for those warmer months.

16 comments:

Megan Colwell said...

Everything - literally everything - I love about this outfit. I want one just like it. I'm going to post it on my Pinterest board :)

http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

Ashley Brewer said...

I am obsessed with that leather dress -- such a find! And I know what you mean about sweetness. I used to be known for my proclivity for all things ruffles and sequins and frou frou and feminine, but I've since moved to things that are a bit sleeker, more modern, and edgier, and finding ways to incorporate the really girlish and over-the-top in smaller doses or for only special occasions.

Jennifer said...

It's that dress again! You better hold on tight to that - someone (not me of course! :p) might snatch it out of your closet!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Love your penny loafers pictures, can you do more.

Melissa said...

That blouse is so cute...I love the pattern.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Alexia Mickens said...

That's a pretty adorable dress + pump!
Alexia of Sweet Bird + vintage shop, Beautiful Savage

Laura said...

You look like you stepped out of another era :) That second photo of you is just lovely!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Cai said...

Very 70s, I love it! Plus, your hair and makeup look fab. xoxo

Michal said...

Love this. That dress is fantastic- love the details.

Courtneyvk said...

That jacket is so cute!
-Courtney

Mandi Johnson said...

I'm always a bit jealous when you wear this dress. It's PERFECT! :)

Dus Katrina said...

I too have been less inclined to wear super sweet looking things, esp at work to look a bit more serious. this dress really is perfect though & love the blouse under & the retro hair do too!
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Ester Durães said...

wow I love your shoes, they're fabulous!! such a cute outfit :)

Drawing Dreaming

BuenoBueno said...

LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS OUTFIT!!!
channeling Veronica from the archie comics!!!
xo
B

skye said...

I love everything about this. Especially the shoes. The whole thing is so very '60s.

MissKait said...

i'm just obsessed with you!
your hair your style it's all so blissful

xo kait
MissKait.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!